- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Zoom H1n Handy Recorder
- Write a Review
- L00115 000000000 L00115000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Creators everywhere are using Zoom Handy Recorders—a powerful and portable recorder—to capture sound and sample audio for musical performances, songw...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful and portable audio recorder that's easy use for different applications.
Creators everywhere are using Zoom Handy Recorders—a powerful and portable recorder—to capture sound and sample audio for musical performances, songwriting sessions, rehearsals, seminars, conferences, journalism or capturing audio for video productions. The new H1n is its the ultimate take-anywhere recorder for every creator’s gear bag.
The H1n's X/Y microphones capture high-quality stereo sound, supporting up to 24-bit audio at sampling rates of 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz in WAV and various MP3 formats.
With the H1n, we’ve redesigned the user experience. One-touch button controls make it simple to record songs, audio-for-film, lectures, podcasting, and more. And its new monochromatic 1.25” LCD display is easy to read even in the brightest lighting conditions.
An advanced onboard limiter offers distortion-free signal up to 120 dB SPL, cleanly recording the loudest of bands. A low-cut filter also helps eliminate pops and unwanted low-frequency rumble.
The overdub function lets you add layers of audio, allowing for richer and fuller sounding recordings.
Transcription Made Easy
The H1n’s Playback Speed Control lets you transcribe music, interviews and other types of recordings without altering pitch.
Don’t Miss the Moment
You can also set the H1n to auto-record, pre-record, and self-timer, making sure you always capture the moment.
Mark and Sync
New tone and slate generators make it easy to mark the start and stop points for syncing audio to video.
The Connections You Need
A ⅛" stereo mic/line input lets you record with your external microphones or other sound sources, and supplies plug-in power (2.5 volts). Connect headphones via the ⅛" headphones output with dedicated volume control. You can also use the H1n’s built-in speaker to listen to your recordings.
The H1n’s USB port provides a digital output of the stereo mix and allows data to be sent to and from your computer. It also allows the H1n to be used as a USB microphone and a microSD card reader.
- Streamlined body with matte finish and newly designed protective mic enclosure
- 1.25” monochrome LCD display
- One-touch button controls
- Localized and intuitive menus for easy operation
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones in 90˚ X/Y stereo format
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Limiter and Auto-Level buttons for input signal and distortion-free recording up to 120dB SPL
- Playback Speed Control, Voice Emphasize Filter, and Stereo overdubbing functions
- Auto-Record, Pre-Record, and Self-Timer functions
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Test Tone and Slate Tone generator for filmmaking use with DSLR and video cameras
- Records directly to microSD and microSDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Handles up to 120 dB SPL for distortion-free recording
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries
Call or click to order.
- Built-in mics: 1
- Configuration: Stereo
- Type: Condenser
- External mic input: Yes
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 96 kHz
- Audio formats: WAV, MP3
- Headphones: 1
- Audio in: 2
- Audio out: 2
- Type(s): SD/SDHC
- Capacity: Up to 32GB
- Hard drive Not specified
- Connections: Micro USB
- Number of tracks: 4
- Phantom power: Not specified
- Width: 1.9 in.
- Height: 1.2 in.
- Depth: 5.4 in.
- Weight: 0.13 lbs.
- Battery type: AA x 3
- Battery life (app.): 10 hr.
- Built-in speaker: Yes
- Power supply: AC Adapter: DC 5V/1A
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Amateur Recording
- Original recordings for band use
Comments about Zoom H1n Handy Recorder:
It just a simple and affordable way to record samples of original songs that can be downloaded and sent to band members to to hear and be able to work on adding there parts. Simple to use..kinda touchy, picks up everything, so have to play with the valume to get it just right
- Clear Sound
- Clunky controls
- Eats batteries
Comments about Zoom H1n Handy Recorder:
I bought one to use as a professional journalist, to cover meetings and record interviews. A colleague had one and recommended it. I liked the portability and the ability to set it up in a tight working space. But the negatives added up; the controls were very clunky, especially for listening back to transcribe the material; the unit ate up batteries -- I was lucky to get one to last two meetings -- and it finally quit working. I ended up replacing it with a competing brand.