- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Zoom PodTrak P8 Portable Multitrack Podcast Recorder
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L79455 000000000 L79455000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasts. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P...Click To Read More About This Product
A simpler, smarter way to podcast.
The Zoom PodTrak P8 is easy to use and can handle the most ambitious podcasts. With all the functions you need to record, edit and mix, the PodTrak P8 is your complete podcast studio.
The color touchscreen interface makes monitoring, adjusting and onboard editing seamless. Everything you need is a touch away.
· The Mic Preamp Slider allows you to dial in the level or gain of each mic. Make adjustments until the signal is peaking in the “Good Range”. Peaking in the “Over Range” section can cause distortion in your sound.
· The Limiter is used to prevent distortion if the volume suddenly gets too loud.
· The Low Cut reduces low frequency noise that is present in almost any recording environment, whether it’s air conditioning, street sounds, vibrations, and other sources.
· The Tone Adjustment can make your voice darker or brighter, for that perfect podcast voice.
· Compressor/DeEsser enables your voice to have more presence for that perfect studio podcast sound.
· In the On Air screen select Noise Reduction to decrease background noise by automatically turning down the mic levels for tracks not in use.
It Speaks Your Language
The P8’s touchscreen display can be set to any one of six languages. Choose from English, French, German, Spanish, Italian or Japanese.
The P8’s color-coded inputs, outputs, and controls make on-the-fly adjustments a breeze, keeping you focused on the discussion.
The PodTrak P8 features six of Zoom’s best-sounding mic inputs, providing pristine audio for you and your guests. With up to 70 dB of gain the P8 can handle demanding microphones such as Shure’s SM7B*.
*Shure SM7B is an exclusive product of Shure Incorporated.
This Call Will Be Recorded
The P8 features a dedicated channel for recording phone calls. And channel six can be switched to USB mode to record your guests via computer. Both options include a Mix-Minus feature to prevent echo and feedback for the caller.
On Air Button
When a channel’s ON AIR is disabled, you can still hear the tracks through your headphones, but they won’t be recorded, or go through speakers or USB. Helpful when having sidebar conversations or prepping your guests during breaks.
Use the optional Zoom BTA-2* Bluetooth Receiver to wirelessly connect your phone to record remote guests.
*BTA-2 available separately.
Added Production Value
Make your podcast sound professional by triggering sound effects, intro music, jingles, pre-recorded interviews and more, with nine multi-colored sound pads. Choose from 13 preloaded sounds or load your own. Create up to four banks of sounds for a total of 36 sound clips at your fingertips.
Outputs For Every Occasion
The P8 features six independent headphone outputs, each with individual volume control. For professional playback, the P8’s main outputs allow you to connect to studio monitors.
With the P8’s onboard editing, easily trim, split and fade audio clips to produce a finished episode. You can also transfer track files to your computer to do a final mix.
Take Your Studio With You
When recording outside the studio, the P8 provides up to 2 hours of recording with four AA batteries, or connect a USB power supply for extended use.
A USB-C port allows the PodTrak P8 to function as an audio interface when connected to a computer for recording or live streaming.
- Full-color LCD touchscreen display
- Record up to 13 tracks simultaneously
- Six mic inputs with XLR connectors and optional phantom power
- Individual volume sliders, mute buttons and “on air” indicators for each channel
- Dedicated channel for recording phone interviews
- Optional BTA-2 Bluetooth enables wireless call recording
- Mix-Minus function automatically prevents echo and feedback from call audio
- Nine assignable Sound Pads with four banks
- 13 pre-loaded sounds including applause, laugh track and more
- Six headphone outputs with individual volume controls let everyone hear clearly
- Onboard editing
- 13-input, 2-output USB audio interface
- Class-compliant mode for iOS compatibility
- Battery power provides up to two hours of use with four AA batteries
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 16-bit /44.1kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
Make podcasting easier. Order a PodTrak P8 today.
- Mic inputs: 6 (mono)
- Smartphone input: 1 (stereo)
- 2 (6 headphones and L/R speaker outputs)
- XLR jacks (2: HOT)
- Smartphone connection jack
- TRRS mini jack (4 contacts, TIP: L, RING 1: R,
- connection jack RING 2: GND, SLEEVE: MIC)
- USB Type-C (audio interface and mass storage functions)
- Use a USB cable that supports data transfer. USB bus power is supported.
- 3.5 mm stereo mini
- Speaker output
- TRS jacks (balanced)
- AC adapter
- Power supply connector for AD-14
- Phantom Power
- WAV 44.1kHz, 16-bit, mono/stereo
- Recording media
- 4-32 GB cards compatible with the SDHC specification (class 10 or higher)
- 64-512 GB cards compatible with the SDXC specification (class 10 or higher)
- Audio interface
- 44.1kHz, 16-bit, 2-in/2-out
- 4.3" (480Å~272) full-color touchscreen LCD
- 4 AA batteries (alkaline, lithium, or rechargeable NiMH)
- AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14): DC 5 V/1 A (supports USB bus power)
- 44.1kHz/16-bit/4 ch. audio to SD card
- using batteries (when +48V is OFF and headphone impedance is 32 ohm)
- Alkaline batteries: about 2 hours NiMH batteries (1900 mAh): about 3.5 hours
- Lithium batteries: about 6.5 hours
- • The above values are approximate.
- • Continuous battery operation times were determined using in-house testing methods. They will vary greatly according to use conditions.
- 295 mm (W) Å~ 248 mm (D) Å~ 61 mm (H)
- 1.43 kg
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.