- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Zoom R24 Multitrack Recorder/Interface/Controller/Sampler
- Write a Review
- H70259 000000000 H70259000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Zoom takes its revolutionary R16 and turbocharges it with a sampler and drum machine, 8 additional recording tracks and 6 channels of phantom-power o...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
8-track recorder, 24-track playback, audio interface, controller, sampler, and drum machine in one.
Zoom takes its revolutionary R16 and turbocharges it with a sampler and drum machine, 8 additional recording tracks and 6 channels of phantom-power on the all-new R24. The R24 combines 4 production tools into one incredibly versatile device. In addition to 24-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording using SD memory cards, the R24 is a digital multitrack recorder, an audio interface, a control surface and a pad sampler.
The R24's new sampler function consists of 24 built-in voices that can be triggered using 8 pads and 3 bank keys to assign sounds to each track and create loops. Also, you can use the unit's drum machine and its 400 rhythm patterns to create original backing beats, or simply output a metronome for tempo control. More than ever before, you have all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings anywhere.
For recording, the R24 supports up to 32GB SDHC cards for a maximum of 100 track hours. The flexibility of SD recording not only makes the R24 lighter and more portable, it also ensures increased reliability with no concern for a crashing hard drive. Back up your project on a USB memory stick. Or dedicate an SD card to each recording session.
Take your R24 into your studio and record additional tracks using its USB audio interface. Then when you're ready to mix, use the R24's control surface capabilities to manage each function of your favorite DAW software.
Incorporate any of the 100+ built-in studio effects to enhance your recording and use the pro-quality mastering effects to complete that studio sound. You can even connect 2 R24s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording.
With the new Zoom R24, versatility, control and comprehensive features come together in a single device that puts everything you need for professional music production right at your fingertips.
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom power supply capability
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adapter included)
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 8 in / 2 out (8 x 2) via USB
- Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
- Pad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
- 2 GB USB Drive with Drum Kits from Big Fish Audio and Peter Erskine
- USB Cable
- AC adapter
- Steinberg Cubase LE software bundled
With the R24, you can do it all. Order today.
- Physical Tracks: 24
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 8
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 24
- Recording Data Format: 44.1/48kHz, 16/24-bit WAV
- Maximum Recordable Time: 200 minutes / GB (44.1kHz 16-bit, mono tracks)
- Projects: 1,000
- Markers: 100 / Project
- Locator: Hours / Min. / Sec. / msec or Bars / Beats / Ticks
- File Editing: Divide, Trim
- Other Functions: Punch-In / Out (Manual, Automatic), Bounce, A-B Repeat, Undo / Redo, Metronome
- Input Channels: 8
- Output Channels: 2
- Quantization: 24-bit
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Faders: 9
- Level Meters: 4-Segment LED
- Track Parameters: 3-Band Equalizer, Pan (Balance), Effect Send x 2, Invert Stereo Links Track pairs: 1/2 to 23/24 selectable
- Algorithms: 9 (CLEAN, DISTORTION, ACO / BASS SIM, BASS, MIC, DUAL MIC, STEREO, 8 x COMP EQ, MASTERING)
- Types: 150 Modules: 7 for Insert, 2 for Send / Return
- Patches: 330 for Insert, 60 for Send / Return
- Tuner: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, D modal
- Playback Data Format: 44.1/48kHz, 16/24bit WAV
- Voices: 24
- Editing Functions: Trim, Time-stretch
- Voices: 8
- Sound Format: 16-bit Linear PCM
- Drum Kits: 10
- Pads: 8 (velocity-sensitive)
- Precision: 48 PPQN
- Rhythm Patterns: 511/project
- Patterns: 511 (472 factory, 39 blank) / Project
- Beat: 1/4 - 8/4
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- A/D Conversion: 96kHz 24-bit delta-sigma ADC
- D/A Conversion: 96kHz 24bit delta-sigma DAC
- Display: 128 x 64 pixel LCD (with backlight)
- Inputs: 8 x XLR-1/4''Phone Combo Jack / Input Impedance: (Balanced input) 1kÎ balanced, 2nd hot, (Unbalanced input) 50kÎ unbalanced, (Hi-Z Input) 470kÎ / Input Level: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable Built-in microphones: Omnidirectional condenser microphones Gain: -50dBm to +4dBm continuously variable
- Phantom Power Supply: 48V / 24V
- Master Output: 1/4" TRS Phone (balanced) / Output Impedance: 1kÎ / Rated Output Level: +4dBm
- Headphones Output: 1/4''Stereo Phone Jack, 20mW x 2 (at 32Î load)
- USB: [B type (USB2.0 High-Speed compatible)] Audio Interface / Control Surface or Mass Storage Class operation [A type (USB2.0 High-Speed compatible)] USB Host capability
- Power Requirements: AC adaptor (DC5V/1A/center positive) or AA size (LR6) battery x6
- Battery Life: 4.5hrs. (with backlight on and phantom power off)Dimensions (WxdxH): 376 x 237.1 x 52.2mm
- Weight: 1.3kg (without batteries)
- Windows XP SP2 or later / Vista SP1 or later / 7
- Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more
- USB 2.0 compatible port
- OS X 10.4.11 or later / 10.5 / 10.6
- Intel Core Duo processor 1.83GHz or better
- 1GB RAM or more
- USB 2.0 compatible port.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.