Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Altus Classic Handmade Headjoint .997 Pure Silver, 14K Gold Risertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: .997 Pure Silver, 14K Gold Riser
Altus Classic Handmade Headjoint .997 Pure Silver, 14K Gold Riser
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
The heart of the Altus flute.
The founder and creator of the Altus flutes, Shuichi Tanaka, is one of the most extraordinary flutemakers to emerge from the Japanese flute-making tradition. A gifted flutist, Tanaka developed a genuine interest in the qualities and technical aspects of the instruments during his studies.
The construction of the headjoint was Tanaka's first fascination. He explored all the factors influencing the sound of the instrument, since every cut, file stroke and material combination provides a change in the sound. Each headjoint is meticulously hand crafted, driven by the idea that the headjoint is a crucial element in allowing the musician to more completely express their personality.
- Classic cut headjoint is available in these configurations:
- Britannia Silver
- Britannia Silver with 14K Gold Riser
- Britannia Silver with 14K Gold Lip and Riser
- .997 Pure Silver with Sinterized tube
- .997 Pure Silver with Sinterized tube and 14K Gold Riser
- Altus Silver with Seamed tube
- Altus Silver with Seamed tube and 14K Gold Riser
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.