- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Azumi AZ1 Intermediate Flute
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L28814 000001000 L28814000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Designed by Altus founder and flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka, Azumi flutes are a perfect fit for the serious student and aspiring flutist.The Z-Cut Headjo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Vintage inspiration and modern technology.
Designed by Altus founder and flutemaker Shuichi Tanaka, Azumi flutes are a perfect fit for the serious student and aspiring flutist.
The Z-Cut Headjoint
The most distinctive feature of all Azumi flutes is the Altus Z-cut professional headjoint which responds quickly and easily and produces a full and rich tone in all three registers.
Pointed Key Arms
Usually reserved for professional models, all Azumi Flutes feature pointed key arms for an elegant and refined look, improved key strength, and even pad wear.
Based on the work and recommendations of British flutist William Bennett, the Altus-Bennett scale offers excellent intonation, carefully tuned harmonics, and balanced registers.
An open hole flute has holes at the center of the A, G, F, E and D keys. Openholes are the standard among intermediate flutes, and are the preference of the majority of flutists.
The flute’s footjoint can be built to low C or B. The B foot reaches down to a low B, one half-step lower than the C footjoint. It has one more key and the length of the tube is extended by about one inch.
Inline or Offset G Keys
The G keys of a flute can be made inline or offset. There is no difference in the tone produced with inline or offset G keys, it is simply a matter of comfort and preference.
Split E Mechanism
The split E mechanism is designed to make the high E more responsive. This mechanism physically splits the double G keys. When playing G, the keys behave as normal, closing both of the G keys.
C# Trill Key
The C# trill key is a lever activated by the first finger of the right hand to open a tone hole next to the
- Open Hole
- Offset G, B Foot
- Gizmo Key
- Altus Z-Cut Professional Headjoint with .925 Sterling Silver Lip Plate and Riser
- Altus-Bennett Scale
- Wide rib construction
- Silver-plated body and keys
- French-style pointed key arms
- Stainless steel springs
- French case and cover
Be inspired. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.