Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Ashdown HOD 600 Geezer Butler Signature 600W Bass Amp Headtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
- Ships Internationally
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Bring the doom with this stage-ready head built to the specs of Geezer Butler.
The Ashdown and Geezer Butler story began three years ago after extensive talks with Geezer’s long standing tech, Terry Welty. Black Sabbath’s "The End" farewell tour was approaching and Geezer was extremely specific about his bass sound for the band’s departing tour. Ashdown designed a rig for Geezer to leave a bold statement with, encapsulating a music career spanning 50 years into one sound to remember the almighty Black Sabbath by.
The Head of Doom is for bass players who seek classic, driven bass tones with phenomenal power. Stripped back, the Head of Doom is built on Ashdown’s flagship ABM range; offering tried and tested tone and rock-solid reliability.
The Head of Doom has a deadly power section rated at 600 Watts RMS with two Neutrik speakon outputs. The power section has a minimum load of 4 ohms. The slave input on the rear is designed to be fed by the transformer-isolated outputs if running multiple heads from one input source. More heads - more doom!
From the top, the Head of Doom features a single instrument input linked to a passive/active selector switch. The passive input option (switch out) is high sensitivity and high impedance to suit the output from passive basses.
Dual VU Visual Monitoring
Perhaps the most obvious feature on the Head of Doom is its twin set of VU meters - the first Ashdown amplifier head of its kind. Not only does the head look like a daemon on stage, the second VU meter allows for output level visual monitoring. Now bass players can find the sweet spot for their instrument via the familiar input level VU. From there the player can tweak their tone via an experienced 9-band EQ and use the shape control to further sculpt their tone, all the while monitoring the output level at the same time via the second VU.
The "Doom" control increases the current to the amp’s 12AX7 pre-amp valve stage, like voltage through an electric chair, resulting in the richest harmonic distortion designed specifically for bass guitar. Used in conjunction with the amps impressive EQ section, there isn’t much this amp can’t deliver.
The Doom level control can be pre-set and kicked in and out via footswitch.
The Head of Doom features a sophisticated 9-band EQ, with familiar Bass, Middle & Treble controls and six sliders allowing precision cut and boost in the regions the standard controls can't reach, providing a huge range of tonal variation and the tailring of the perfect tone.
The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking the player from a flat fretless sound to their favourite EQ setting instantly.
Once heard – never forgotten. The Sub-Harmonic generator adds an octave below the notes being played bringing fullness to any bass part. The Sub level is independently controllable, thickening the sound and providing more Doom to your tone as required.
Sub Harmonics are also controllable via footswitch.
The Head of Doom is loaded with connectivity. A tuner output, line out, transparent FX loop and a line input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence. The Head of Doom's ins and outs continue even further, as mentioned earlier, with three dedicated transformer isolated outputs with the option to slave from the dedicated slave input.
Call or click to order today!
HOD 600 Geezer Butler Signature 600W Bass Amp Head Specifications:
- Power Output: 600W RMS into 4 ohms.
- Tubes: one 12AX7 (preamp)
- Controls: Input level, output level, 9-band EQ, EQ switch, Doom, subs, pre/post DI switch, mute switch, passive/active switch
- Power requirement: 115 - 230 Volts
- Speaker outputs: 2 x Neutrik Jack/Speakon outputs
- Frequency response: -3dB an 17Hz and 22kHz
- High instrument input impedance: 3.9m Ohm / Input range 50mV to 15V p-p
- Low instrument input impedance: 10k ohms / Input range Input range 300mV to 30V p-p
- Line input impedance: 22k Ohms / Input level 0dBu nominal
- Line output impedance: 10K Ohms / Level 0dBu nominal
- DI output: 600 Ohms balanced / Level -20dBu nominal With Ground Lift
- Tuner output impedance: 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance minimum: 4 Ohms
- Effects send impedance: 22K Ohms / Level 0dBu nominal
- Dimensions: 5 x 16.9 x 10.9 in. (127 x 431 x 279 mm)
- Weight: 31lbs / 14kg
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.