- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Ashdown OriginAL 300W Bass Amplifier Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- K40913 000000000 K40913000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Ashdown OriginAL clinches the key fundamentals of everything that makes a great bass amp. This lightweight, portable and stripped back bass amp h...Click To Read More About This Product
Awesome Ashdown tone with plenty of power in a super-portable package.
- Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head, A Little EQ
- Luca Silvestri - Ashdown OriginAL Bass Head Playthrough
- Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head, Flat + Shape
- Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head, FLAT EQ
- Dig In to the Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head
- Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head, A Bit of Slap
- Ashdown OriginAl Bass Head - Keep It Low
- Ashdown OriginAL - 300 Watt Bass Amp Head
The Ashdown OriginAL clinches the key fundamentals of everything that makes a great bass amp. This lightweight, portable and stripped back bass amp head takes Ashdown back to the origin of its tone.
Starting from the top, a passive/active switch determines the whether the amp is being used with a high or low output instrument and sets a clear signal path to the input control. From here, the player can fine-tune their input level using Ashdown’s trademark VU meter, which takes pride of place at the very centre of the amp head.
Simple yet Powerful EQ
With the signal at its optimal level, you then hit a defined set of features designed enhance your tone. The OriginAL features a tried and tested 5-band EQ, controlling your traditional bass, middle and treble with a lo-mid and hi-mid sitting comfortably either side of the variable middle control. The additional Shape control further sculpts your tone, lifting the frequencies that really count – like a smiley face on a graphic equalizer.
The output control regulates the output volume of the amp and wrapping up the features on the front panel is an easy to reach DI output, as well as an independent FX send and return, which allows the amp to set a very clear signal path with no interruptions.
Create the Perfect Rig
To the rear of this condensed unit is a very well considered headphone out, which doubles this gig-ready head as a great home practice device. 2 x jack speaker outputs with a minimum 4 ohm load provides flexible partnering options with Ashdown’s existing range of bass cabinets.
Ready for the Road
The OriginAL is a rugged little go-getter, using scuff proof paint over its steel & aloy chassis. Retaining a nice yet practical weight to it, with quality feeling control pots, The OriginAL is built to last a lifetime. Offered with a 5 year warranty, The OriginAL comes complete with auto protect voltage for global touring musicians and an adaptive temperature controlled fan for road and studio use.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 300W
- Single channel
- Impedance: 4 ohm minimum
- Controls: 5-band EQ, input level, output level, shape, passive/active switch
- FX loop
- XLR DI output
- Headphone output
- Weight: 5.29 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.