Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Boss Katana-100 MkII 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The evolution of a modern classic.
On top of having a huge tonal range with five amp characters, the updated version offers a variant switch, which doubles the amount of voices on tap. The amount of onboard effects categories has increased from three to five, giving you more possibilities to expand your sound. There's now a power-amp input for players who use an external preamp or modeling/processor rig.
And those are just the broad strokes of the huge and numerous upgrades BOSS has made to the Katana MkII. No matter your needs, playing style or budget, the Katana MkII fits the bill.
Ten Tones on Tap
Instead of buying five different amps for five different tones, the Katana MkII’s five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. The characters have now been extended with newly voiced variations, providing a wider palette of tone options to craft your personal sound. And, if you want to further refine your tone, there are no shortage of effects to be had.
Five Simultaneous Effects, No Pedalboard
If you love the tone-shaping of effects, but want to travel easily, the updated Katana makes it easier than ever to ditch the board. Katana MkII now includes five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from. As BOSS is a titan in the effects world, you can connect the amp to BOSS Tone Studio, which gives you access to more than 60 swappable effects, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Huge Sound, Low Volume
Backed by BOSS’s Tube Logic approach, Katana MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, Katana MkII’s variable Power Control makes it easy to fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play, from bedroom to stage.
Power-Amp Input to Rock Your Rig
The Katana-100 MkII rocks as a standalone amp, but it also excels as a powered cabinet for a favorite preamp, modeler, or multi-effects unit. Connecting to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack bypasses Katana MKII’s preamp and effects, letting you tap straight into the Tube Logic power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. And with BOSS Tone Studio, the input can be easily optimized for your particular gear with a high-pass filter and adjustable gain.
One-Touch Recall of Custom Setups
One of the Katana-100 MkII’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller.
Go Wide, Go Stereo
Whether you're a wet/dry player, or you just want to rock the house with your awesome guitar tone, the Katana MkII lets you double up with ease. The new Stereo Expand feature makes linking two amps simple, with just one regular cable needed. You’re able to control everything from the master Katana MkII, with stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, reverb, and others distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field. Stereo Expand is supported on all 100-watt Katana MkII models.
Ready-to-Mix Direct Tones
Beyond the incredible amount of possibilities with tone, the Katana-100 MkII offers a wealth of I/O options. It features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with miked-cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana’s modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Ultimate Control at Your Feet
The optional GA-FC foot controller is the perfect partner for the Katana-100 MkII. It connects with a single cable, requires no external power, and features a slim, rugged profile that takes up minimal space. With six footswitches, you’re able to recall Tone Settings, turn effects on/off, and tap in tempos. Two expression pedals can also be connected, providing foot control of volume, Pedal FX, and up to three assignable parameters (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio).
Edit Tones Like a BOSS
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and a number of parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There’s also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you’re a first-gen Katana owner, it’s possible to import your custom patches and use them all with Katana MkII.
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with a custom 12" speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII (100W models only)
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB and phones/recording outputs, with five Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Optional GA-FC foot controller provides complete amp control, including Tone Setting selection, effects on/off, expression pedal control and more
- Connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation and adjustable level in BOSS Tone Studio
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Trust Boss to create your sound. Order today.
Katana-100 MkII 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier Specifications:
- Power: 100W
- Attenuation to 50W or 0.5W
- Speaker: 1x12" custom
- Five amp characters
- Five effects sections
- Over 60 editable effects
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers and multi-effects
- Stereo Expand out to link with a second Katana MkII
- Three Cab Resonance options
- Miked cabinet emulation on the line, USB and phones/recording outputs
- Optional GA-FC foot controller
- Effect loop, with selectable series/parallel operation
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.