Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
BOSS Katana-Artist MkII 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifiertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Wield pro-level Katana tone and features for the studio, stage and beyond.
Refined Sound for Professional Performers
Just like its predecessor, the Katana-Artist MkII has been designed with extra detail for discerning pro players.BOSS’s custom Waza speaker puts the ultimate vintage rock sound under your fingers, while the cabinet’s wide baffle and semi-closed back provide focused, punchy tones with rich low end and big midrange fullness. In addition, every Katana-Artist MkII amp character has been specially voiced for optimum response with the speaker and cab.
Waza Speaker: Legendary Tone, Modern Power
A key element to the Katana-Artist MkII’s powerful sound is the 12-inch Waza speaker, developed by BOSS to deliver the wide dynamic response, smooth midrange, and rich harmonic overtones of the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other elements, the Waza speaker embodies the full mojo of this legendary speaker while boosting power capacity to 100 watts.
Expanded Amp Characters and Effects
The Katana-Artist MkII features the same core updates introduced with the Katana MkII amps. Variations are now available for the five amp characters, providing 10 different tone options to choose from. And with five simultaneous effects categories, you have the sound-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want—customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Deep Tone-Shaping Tools
On the front panel, you’ll find some exclusive features only available with the Katana-Artist MkII. A three-way Contour switch lets you shape the amp's core tone, while three selectable Global EQ settings (adjustable in BOSS Tone Studio) are great for fine-tuning the overall sound for different guitars and styles. A foot-controllable, post-amp Solo boost function is also available, with a dedicated panel knob for fast adjustment.
Integrated Dual Amp Support
Powerful expansion features make it simple to use two Katana-Artist MkIIs together. With Dual Link, you can configure each amp with independent settings and operate them from a single GA-FC foot controller, allowing you to blend clean and dirty tones, create wet/dry setups, and more. Stereo Expand lets you use one amp as the master and the other as the slave, with onboard stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, and reverb distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field.
Full-Throttle Sound Every Time You Plug In
Backed by BOSS’s Tube Logic approach, the Katana-Artist MkII delivers the authentic output distortion characteristics of genuine tube amplifiers, with the sound and feel becoming richer and more responsive as you turn up the volume. But unlike that classic tube amp, our variable Power Control lets you fly in the sweet spot without getting fired from the gig or kicked out of the house. Just throttle back the overall volume as needed to enjoy inspiring, cranked-amp sound anywhere you play.
One-Touch Recall of Custom Setups
With onboard Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp character and effects setups for instant recall. After you’ve dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold. Eight Tone Settings (two banks of four) are available, with fast selection right from the panel. And for hands-free operation on the gig, just connect external footswitches or the GA-FC foot controller.
Ready-to-Mix Direct Tones
Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs feature mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB audio is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of the Katana-Artist MkII’s mod, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
Compact Gig Commander
The optional GA-FC foot controller is the perfect partner for the Katana-Artist MkII—it connects with a single cable, requires no external power, and has a slim, rugged profile that takes up minimal space. With six footswitches, you can recall Tone Settings and turn the five effects sections on/off. The GA-FC also supports external footswitches and expression pedals, with default assignments that include tap tempo, bank selection, foot volume, and Pedal FX. Assignments can be customized via BOSS Tone Studio, including pedal control of up to three parameters at once.
BOSS Tone Studio Enhancements
BOSS Tone Studio has also evolved alongside the Katana MkII amplifiers. The interface has been updated with a refreshed look, and many parameters have been consolidated into the main screen for faster workflow. There’s also a dedicated Pedal FX category, making it easier to assign wah and pedal bend effects to a connected expression pedal. And if you’re a first-gen Katana owner, it’s possible to import your custom patches and use them all with the Katana-Artist MkII.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and exclusive features
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers authentic tone and highly musical response
- Ultra-solid cabinet construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five amp characters with five variations, plus Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections with three variations in each
- Three-way Contour for shaping the overall tonal color and Global EQ switch with three settings (customizable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Switchable Solo function with level control
- Integrated dual amp expansion functions for GA-FC control and true stereo effects
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio editor software for customizing sounds with over 60 BOSS effects; newly added editor features include pre and post EQs, dedicated Pedal FX, and more
- Series/parallel effect loop, external speaker outputs, and power amp input for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- External control support via GA-FC foot controller, footswitches, expression pedal, and MIDI
Call or click to order today!
Katana-Artist MkII 100W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier Specifications:
- Power: 100W
- Power attenuation
- Five amp characters with switchable variants
- Speaker: 1x12" Waza
- Five FX categories
- Series/parallel FX loop
- XLR line out
- Speaker-emulated headphone/recording output
- Stereo USB output
- Editing via BOSS Tone Studio
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.