Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander Attenuatortrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
BOSS Waza Tube Amp Expander Attenuator$1,379.99
- Free Shipping
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Expand the possibilities of your amp with this tour-grade, do-all box.
Backed by BOSS's advanced Tube Logic approach, you’re able to crank your amp to its sweet spot and play at any volume while faithfully retaining the core tone and feel you love. And with extensive connectivity, built-in BOSS effects, 10 fully customizable rig setups, and deep real-time control, you have unparalleled creative command for any scenario. Packed to the max with breakthrough BOSS innovations, the Waza Tube Amp Expander is an essential companion for every tube amp player.
Waza Innovation for Lovers of Pure Tube Tone
Realized with Waza R&D expertise and the ever-evolving Tube Logic approach, the Waza Tube Amp Expander seamlessly complements and extends your tube amp, and all without affecting the unique tone and response that made you choose it in the first place. The initial concept for this unique device came during the development of the flagship Waza amplifier head. To comprehensively test and refine the amp’s AC power voltage and output circuitry, the BOSS team devised a custom load box with capabilities reaching far beyond those in any commercially available unit. This innovative design performed so successfully that it became the logical foundation for developing a next-generation toolkit for the modern tube amp player.
Cranked-Amp Tone and Feel at Any Volume
As a tube amp owner, you know that it sounds and feels best when it’s cranked up loud and really cooking. But if you’re like most of us, it’s a rare pleasure to be able to open up the volume enough to unlock that full expressive potential. Load boxes and volume attenuators driven by a tube amp’s speaker output have attempted to solve this nagging volume issue for years. But while they do lower the volume and provide workable results, they typically introduce artifacts that change the tone, dynamic response, and distortion character, leaving you with an unsatisfying experience.
The Waza Tube Amp Expander’s advanced reactive load section completely eliminates these artifacts, allowing you to experience your amp’s true cranked-up sound and interactive feel while controlling the volume to suit any situation. A key feature is the Resonance-Z and Presence-Z panel controls, which optimize the all-important impedance interaction with your amp’s output transformer. Selecting from 16 different settings, you can make your amp behave and respond exactly as if it were connected to your favorite speaker cab. Any tube guitar amp up to 150 watts is supported, from vintage combos to modern high-gain heads.
Bigtime Rig Control
Filled with deep control options, the Waza Tube Amp Expander is a dream command center for both stage and studio. Ten different rig setups can be stored in the unit, and each includes your custom effects and EQ settings, cab/IR selections, effects loop on/off, MIDI program change (for controlling external MIDI effects), and amp control status (if you have an amp that supports channel switching). Rigs can be recalled with a panel knob, and additional controls are provided for reverb and other functions. There’s also a Write button for saving minor adjustments in the heat of a gig.
Connecting the optional GA-FC foot controller puts full-throttle performance control at your feet. Via a single TRS cable, you have instant access to the 10 rigs, plus real-time control of delay, tap tempo, solo/EQ, effects loop on/off, and amp channel switching. You can even control levels by connecting optional expression pedals to the GA-FC. The Waza Tube Amp Expander also supports FS-series footswitches, plus extensive MIDI control for more advanced setups.
Effects to the Max
With its built-in effects engine and external effects loop, the Waza Tube Amp Expander brings a wealth of sonic enhancements to your tube amp, particularly if it’s a vintage model with no effects loop. Onboard DSP delivers premium sound quality and true stereo operation with class-leading 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate. Compressor, delay, and reverb effects are on hand, with loads of customizable settings via dedicated editor software. Four different EQs are available for strategically shaping your tone at multiple points in the signal path, and it’s even possible to use one of the EQs as a switchable boost for solos. The external loop offers selectable series or parallel operation, plus support for both line-level devices and standard stompbox effects.
Feed Stage Cabs, Mixers, Recording Devices, and Headphones—All at Once
Once you’ve dialed in your amp to the sweet spot, the Waza Tube Amp Expander lets you deliver that glorious sound to multiple destinations at once. With parallel speaker outputs, you can drive up to two stage cabs from the integrated 100-watt Class AB analog power stage. Along with providing smooth, non-stepped level control for any connected amp, this robust power stage also opens up the ability to boost a favorite low-wattage amp to stage-ready volumes. Balanced mono and stereo line outputs include tone shaping from onboard mic’d cab emulation or user IRs, providing ready-to-mix direct signals for the main PA mixer, stage monitors, and recording devices. There’s a USB output as well, offering another direct feed for tracking with your preferred music production software. And with the dedicated phones output, you can practice with rich tube tone without disturbing others nearby.
The Waza Tube Amp Expander works great out of the box, but connecting to the dedicated editor software via USB unlocks even further creative potential. First off, you’re able to edit effects and EQs in micro detail. In addition, you can select from 22 different mic’d cabs for the direct outputs, each with your choice of five adjustable close-mic types plus three room-mic types for adding spaciousness and depth. There are even four user slots for loading your go-to speaker IRs if desired. Other tweaks are available too, including MIDI, system parameters, and a loudness contour for big, full tones at whisper-quiet levels. Favorite rig setups can be saved on your computer and organized as Live Sets for different gigs and recording scenarios.
- First-of-its-kind tube amp command center, built with Waza expertise and the Tube Logic design approach
- Advanced variable reactive load circuit with discrete analog components supports tube amps up to 150 watts
- User-adjustable impedance tuning correctly matches the reactive load to your amp, retaining its natural tone, dynamic feel, and distortion characteristics
- 10 recallable rig settings for storing favorite setups
- Deep real-time performance control via GA-FC/FS-series footswitches and MIDI I/O
- Built-in 100-watt Class AB power amplifier with discrete analog design and seamless volume control
- Powerful DSP section with 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating-point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- Customizable stereo effects with premium tone quality: compressor, delay, reverb, and four EQs
- Twenty-two mic’d cabinet emulations with five selectable close-mic types and three room-mic options, plus four slots for loading user speaker IRs
- External effects loop with selectable series/parallel operation and control jack for switching amp channels
- Parallel speaker outputs for connecting up to two cabs for gigging
- Balanced XLR line outputs (mono and L/R stereo) for connecting to FOH console, stage monitors, and recording devices
- Headphones output for quiet practice with cranked-up amp tones
- Dedicated editor software (Mac/Windows)
- USB for direct audio recording and editor communication
Call or click to order today!
Waza Tube Amp Expander Attenuator Specifications:
- Power: 100W (Class AB)
- Reactive load handling up to 150W
- Series/parallel effects loop
- Built-in stereo effects
- Cabinet emulation
- 32-bit AD/DA 96kHz processing
- Two speaker outputs
- Two XLR line outputs
- USB port for editing and direct recording
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.