- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Bassman 800 Hybrid 800W Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J41142 000001000 J41142000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Combining the best of authentic Fender bass sound with modern power, the Bassman 800 Head is an easily portable powerhouse with flexible, thunderous ...Click To Read More About This Product
A massive 800W of power with real tube overdrive built in.
Combining the best of authentic Fender bass sound with modern power, the Bassman 800 Head is an easily portable powerhouse with flexible, thunderous tone. Designed for the ultimate bass playing experience, it offers two versatile channels, classic good looks, and ultra musical Fender tube tones—all in a lightweight chassis (only 17 lbs.) that mates perfectly with Bassman Pro Neo speaker cabinets to create a tonal monster.
The foundation of the Bassman 800’s tone is the two-channel tube preamp. Powered by a pair of premium 12AX7 tubes, this flexible preamp offers Vintage and Overdrive voicings, making it perfect for any style of music. The Vintage channel provides classic Fender bass tone thanks to its highly interactive passive tone circuit that cuts frequencies instead of boosting them, giving each note a distinctive thickness with no high end fizz. The Overdrive channel cranks out genuine tube-driven overdrive, while its active 3-band tone circuit with variable mid frequency and blend control makes it easy to unleash a variety of sonic flavors, ranging from polite to aggressive. This highly musical preamp is matched to a cool-running solid-state Class D power amp that delivers an arena-filling 800 watts of power.
Equally at home on stage or in the studio, the Bassman 800’s rear panel sports a tuner output and effects loop, as well as a flexible pro-level XLR line output with level control, pre/post EQ switch, ground lift to eliminate hum and Silent Recording capability. The combination output jacks support both speakON (2- and 4-pole) and 1/4-in. connections, making it easy to connect almost any speaker cabinet. The included footswitch lets you effortlessly switch between the preamp channels on stage, adding even more flexibility to the amplifier. Packed with powerful, highly malleable, authentic Fender bass tone, the Bassman 800 is an inspiring amplifier that punches well above its weight class.
- Power: 800W (hybrid)
- Tubes: two 12AX7 (preamp)
- Inputs: one 1/4 in. standard; one 1/4 in. -6dB
- Two channels
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Controls: 3-band EQ (channel 1), 3-band EQ with mid frequency (channel 2), deep, bright, mute, volume
- Built-in tube overdrive
- FX loop
- Speaker output: two Speakon-1/4 in. combo jacks
- XLR output with level control, ground lift and pre/post EQ
- Cabinet construction: 7-ply 5/8 in. Meranti plywood
- Black textured vinyl covering
- Black and silver strand grille cloth
- Molded rubber "Dog Bone" style handle
- Red light jewel
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.