- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Friedman JJ Junior Jerry Cantrell Signature 20W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L56931 000001000 L56931000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Dave Friedman teamed up with Jerry Cantrell and captured the Alice In Chains guitarist’s iconic tone and ferocity in the Friedman JJ-100 — Cantrell's...Click To Read More About This Product
Get the awesome, crushing, grinding sound of Jerry Cantrell from a smaller (man in the) box.
Dave Friedman teamed up with Jerry Cantrell and captured the Alice In Chains guitarist’s iconic tone and ferocity in the Friedman JJ-100 — Cantrell's first ever signature amp. The JJ-100 was an instant success. Not being the types to leave a great thing alone, they decided to cram all that punishing tone and grind into a stage-friendly 20-watt monster. Introducing, the Friedman JJ-Junior.
The JJ-Junior still gives you the same 2-channel, EL-powered tone that has carved out a legendary place in rock. All of the saturated, complex harmonic overtones are still lurking inside, as well as the AC30-like cleans. At 20 watts, the JJ-Junior lets you take the stage, studio, or jam session with total confidence.
Jerry and Dave spent years perfecting the "JJ" sound. Now, you can have the same tonal experience, in a smaller format, without sacrificing the attention to detail that goes into every Friedman amplifier.
The JJ Junior features and internal load and cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The JJ Junior also allows you to play "silently," meaning you can safely play the amp without having a speaker cabinet connected. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.
The JJ Junior was specifically designed to take pedals well especially boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos and wahs. The ultra-transparent buffered, series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. This is the exact same FX loop Friedman uses on all its amplifiers including the legendary BE-100. The head cabinet features beautiful black Tolex, with Baltic Birch construction and the same grille cloth used on the original JJ-100.
Dave Friedman is the man behind the signature tones of rock icons Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens and Jerry Cantrell to name a few. Dave has been building, modifying and repairing amplifiers for many of the world’s biggest stars for the past 25 years. Friedman’s innovative designs and meticulous construction have made him legendary in the world of professional touring musicians while earning him a loyal clientele from all over the world. One of Friedman’s mainstays has been modifying amps to each player’s specific tonal palette, and to consult with other established amplifier companies to improve their own designs. In the past, having Friedman build, or modify your amp, required a certain level of notoriety, but now his sonic wizardry is available to all players.
In recent years, Friedman has expanded his range of boutique products to include solid body electric guitars built by the legendary Grover Jackson, guitar effects pedals, pedal boards, a power supply, wah pedal, and active monitors. All of these innovative products have been accepted and hailed around the world for their quality, performance and reliability.
- Jerry Cantrell’s signature grind in a compact tube head
- 20-watt EL84 power section, perfect for most stages, studios and rehearsals
- Dirty and clean channels serve up Cantrell gain and AC-like chime
- JBE switch unleashes even more gain and harmonic content
- Ultra-transparent series FX loop
- XLR Cab Simulated output — you can record without having your speaker connected
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 20W (tube)
- Tubes: three 12AX7 (preamp); two EL84 (power amp)
- Two channels
- Controls: 3-band EQ, gain, master, volume, bright switch, JBE voicing switch, presence
- XLR Cab Simulated output with Ground Lift, Axis and Level switches
- Impedance: 8, 16 ohm switchable
- Series FX loop
- Single-button footswitch included
- Dimensions: 18" x 8.5" x 8.25"
- Weight: 22 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.