- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fryette PS-100 Power Station 100 100W Tube Reactance Amplifier
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L58586 000000000 L58586000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fryette Power Station 100 Dual-Mode Reactance Tube Amplifier is an easy to use Power Attenuator for controlling the volume of high-powered tube a...Click To Read More About This Product
Expand the versatility or your amp while retaining true tube tone.
The Fryette Power Station 100 Dual-Mode Reactance Tube Amplifier is an easy to use Power Attenuator for controlling the volume of high-powered tube amplifiers with none of the drawbacks of a conventional attenuator. The PS-100 features two sets of remote foot-switchable front panel Volume, Presence and Depth controls for maximum live performance flexibility, and a powerful Dual KT88 100W Mono-Block for unparalleled punch and dynamic range.
If you have ever used a traditional Power Attenuator, you have already experienced the loss of tone and dynamics of your amplifier at various volume settings, and the frustration with the rotary level switch that always seems one step too loud or one step too quiet.
The Power Station not only solves all of those problems, but also provides you with more sonic options in one convenient package:
-Preserves tube amplifier tone at any volume setting down to whisper level.
-Preserves and enhances the dynamic feel and speaker response at any volume.
-Maintains natural speaker/power amplifier interactive behavior.
-Two sets of remote foot-switchable Volume, Presence and Depth controls for maximum live performance versatility.
-Post-distortion Foot-Switchable Effects Loop provides a 100% analog signal path.
-Balanced XLR and Unbalanced 1/4” Adjustable Line Outputs for direct recording or live performance signal processing.
-True Impedance Matching, including 2/4, 8 or 16 ohms for both the amplifier and cabinet to optimize sonic performance while preventing damage to your amplifier.
-Remote bypass function using the Power Station Remote accessory (sold separately).
-Completely safe for any tube amplifier.
A Powerful Re-Amping Tool
As a re-amper, the Power Station breathes new life and utility into your favorite gear. Now any small amp, preamp or modeler can cut a live gig with a full band.
-Crank a mini amp to the threshold of destruction, then adjust the Power Station to preserve the original tone or create an entirely new identity for it.
-Perfect as mono power amplifier for guitar preamps, floor preamps and modeling preamps.
-Ideal as an effects power amp for a Wet/Dry amp rig or a monitor power amp for live modeling direct to FOH.
-Great as a desktop power amp for adding tube power to direct recordings for any instrument or signal source.
-Protect your delicate vintage mics by keeping speaker cabinet volume low in the studio.
-No A/D/A conversion, therefore NO latency.
The Silent Mode feature provides a versatile reactive load for silent recording using low- or high-powered tube amplifiers. In Silent Mode, the Balanced XLR Out and Unbalanced Line Out remain operational even with the AC power disconnected. Note: Unit should remain under power when used with high-powered amplifiers to maintain safe operating temperatures.
The Power Station 100 provides a variety of performing and recording solutions for every kind of playing or performing application/environment and breathes new life and functionality into any amp large or small.
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 100W (tube)
- Tubes: One 12AX7 (preamp); two KT88 (power amp)
- Power input (Max continuous): 200W @ 2/4 Ohms; 150W @ 8 Ohms; 200W @16 Ohms
- Output impedance: 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, selectable
- Load amp impedance: 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, selectable
- Can drive a 2 Ohm speaker load, using the 2/4 Ohm setting
- Active safety bypass feature disables internal power amp and maintains critical load on your amplifier if speaker output jack is accidentally unplugged
- Front panel controls: A/B Select switch, Hi/Lo Input Level switch, High frequency response switch - Flat, Brite, Edge, Low frequency response switch - Flat, Warm, Deep, Volume, Presence and Depth controls, Bypass (standby) switch, Power switch
- Rear panel features: Amp In, Amplifier Impedance select – 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, Balanced Line Out XLR with Level Control, Unbalanced 1/4” Line Out, FX Send, FX Return, FX Level Switch, Unbalanced 1/4” Line In, Speaker Impedance select 2/4, 8 or 16 Ohms, Speaker Out, Remote Footswitch jack, Ground Lift, Mains Fuse, AC Input
- Carry bag and rack kits are available and sold separately
- Dimensions: 14" x 2.75" x 9"
- Weight: 16 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.