- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Marshall 1959HW Handwired Plexi Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 482708 000000000 482708000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
To the minds and ears of many, the all-valve 100 Watt Super Lead heads of the mid to late 1960s (˜67-'69) with the famed Plexiglas front panel, have ...Click To Read More About This Product
Original Marshall roar.
To the minds and ears of many, the all-valve 100 Watt Super Lead heads of the mid to late 1960s (˜67-'69) with the famed Plexiglas front panel, have been the holy grail of great rock tone. Now, the Handwired 1959HW is a line right back to that celebrated era.
An accurate reissue, the 1959HW has ˜Plexi' DNA running right through it. It has the classic tonal notes of those early ˜Plexis' which, being non-master-volume, when cranked overdrive the power valves, producing those sweet, highly responsive, harmonically rich tones, with chest-punching projection. And to make the 1959HW as authentic as possible, Marshall used original thickness, original pitch matrix, point-to-point tag boards.
With the transformers being an integral part of the ˜Plexi' sound, they also worked closely with Dagnall to duplicate the later-era ˜Plexi' power transformer. The result is that the 1959HW is the ˜best of both worlds' because it takes the best features from early ˜Plexis' and later ˜Plexis' to produce a truly awesome reissue.
- Handwired reissue of 1967 Superlead
- 2 Channel
- 2x2 inputs
- 4 EL34, 1 ECC83 power amp valves
- 2 ECC83 preamp valves
- Controls: Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume 1, Volume 2
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 750mm x 305mm x 210mm
- Weight: 10 kg
- Accessories: Power/speaker cables
Thirsty for more power and tube tone? Get the original quencher for a dry guitar tone. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.