Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier 25 25W Tube Guitar Amp Head Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Astonishing power and versatility in a compact package.
Lurking within the Mini Rectifier's expensive metal chassis, lies one of Mesa/Boogie's most expressive and nuance-enhancing circuits to date, creating an exciting, adrenaline-producing tone machine. Like its original two-channel forefathers, this Mini version keeps things straight ahead and easy to navigate with two footswitchable channels that each contain two modes. While it looks basic and drives easy, a world of stylistic versatility lives within these two simple rows of controls.
Two Channels and Four Versatile Style Modes
Two independent channels and four style modes deliver everything from sparkling cleans to aggressive fury. The Mini Rectifier’s Channel 1 focuses on rhythm sounds, both clean and overdriven. The "Clean" Mode delivers crystal-clear, big headroom rhythm sounds that breathe with rich, warm air on the bottom end. When driven to clip and combined with the 10-watt power setting, this mode misbehaves with real attitude and shines for urgent, yet soulful, blues solo sounds and gritty rock rhythm.
"Pushed" aptly describes what to do with the second mode in Channel 1 and here you'll find the next region of gain. With a more stripped EQ and just enough added drive, Pushed invites aggressive rock and roll rhythm and crunch styles to the party, and even taunts your mid-gain solo work, especially in the 10-watt power setting.
Channel 2 features the iconic Recto high-gain sounds—the iconic liquid wall of "Vintage" and the aggressive fury of "Modern." Vintage excels at thick, high-gain chording and single-note soloing with an elastic feel and a broad harmonic spread. It has a looser, more organic sound, and the overdrive drapes itself around the notes to create a huge, three-dimensional image.
Vintage solo work is further enhanced by the 10-watt power position. Here, the attack envelope changes and becomes rounder and more voice-like, while upper harmonics recede slightly to create single-note sounds of true beauty. Vintage and 10-watt compliment each other in ways that will open new doors for the Recto that were previously only available to more well-behaved or "cultured" amps, as well as surprising current big-power Recto owners who experience for the first time what this power range/wiring style does for a sound they had typecast.
Modern is the opposite in every way. This aggressive mode comes right at you—maybe even for you—with stunning attack and a hi-mid bump that keeps things percussive and tracking with hyper accuracy. It's impressive how much gain is delivered, especially on the low end, with the speed and definition it provides. Suffice to say, Modern is about all things heavy and metal. And while this sound is best demonstrated using the 25-watt power setting, using the 10-watt power setting lets you sweeten the mids and soften the attack for a more forgiving and vocal effect.This creates a great alternate solo voice with a little more punch and dynamic content.
Multi-Watt Power Offers a Unique Rectifier Tone Experience
Mesa/Boogie's patented multi-watt power provides dedicated switchable wattage options of 10 or 25 watts per channel, unveiling different power characteristics and colors from it’s EL-84-based power amp. The dedicated wattage range choices unveil different power characteristics and colors, so it's also fair to call them power "voicing" switches as well.
For this Mini Rectifier, the choice of EL-84 power tubes with their amazing clip characteristics, prompted the Mesa/Boogie team to explore the different wiring schemes possible, leading to the 10-watt power mode being wired for triode operation. This "more vintage" wiring scheme sweetens and rounds out the sound, turning what might otherwise be a lower volume version of the same voice, into a more "soulful" Recto experience. The 25-watt setting offers a more bold attack, tighter tracking low end, increased definition and all-out headroom. This setting works great with all the sounds and certainly showcases the mightiness in the Mini Rectifier, shocking unsuspecting players and bystanders alike with power and sonic size. But any time you need to tame this little beast and put a vintage patina of warmth and silkiness around things, just kick it down to 10 watts for a whole different world of Recto expression.
Series Effects Loop For Purists
Mini Rectifier Effects Loop
The Mini Rectifier benefits from more than four decades of high-performance amp design and the Effect Loop featured in this amp is the result of that experience and expertise. It's wired in series with the dry signal to provide the greatest flexibility with the widest variety of FX devices. This FX loop circuit—when used with quality FX—is capable of providing seamless interfacing with no tonal degradation.
Experience tone and power that far exceed your expectations and completely defies the confines of its physical size. Whether you're rockin' hard or putting the immense versatility of the Mini's four modes to bear on a variety of styles, you'll get years of inspiration and enjoyment from this little gas-in-glass-powered jewel.
- Amp type: Tube
- Chassis material: Aluminum
- Rectifier type: Silicon diodes
- Preamp tubes: 5x Mesa/Boogie 12AX7
- Power amp tubes: 2x Mesa/Boogie EL-84
- Maintenance free fixed bias: Yes
- Wattage(s) quick reference: 10 or 25 Watts - Channel assignable
- Power amp details (class and wattage) Mesa/Boogie's multi-watt power amp, featuring Dyna-Watt technology, providing two power levels, each with different wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via two 10/25-watt power switches: Choose from two power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and a sweet, liquid feel at lower volumes, producing 10 watts or 2 tubes operating in Mesa/Boogie's proprietary Dyna-Watt class-A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity, producing 25 watts
- Convection cooling
- Number of footswitchable channels (or modes): 2
- Number of style modes: 4
- Number of style modes per channel: 2
- Types of style modes per channel Ch. 1 = clean or pushed
- Ch. 2 = vintage or modern
- Channel controls: Each channel features independent 2-position style Mode switch, 10/25-watt Multi-Watt switch, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Control
- Effects loop and bypass options: Fully buffered series FX loop
- Speaker outputs: One 8 ohm/One 4 ohm
Add a Mini Rectifier 25 to your backline for maximum results. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.