Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
BOSS Nextone Special 80W 1x12 Combo Amplifier Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Free gift with purchaseBIC-25A 7.5 m Instrument Cable, Angled/Straight 1/4" Jack - 25' Black
BOSS Nextone Special 80W 1x12 Combo Amplifier Black$899.99
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
"Blue bell tone", enhanced features and more power in this combo amp.
Hand-Crafted Tube Sound and Feel
The Nextone Special represents the latest generation of BOSS’s ongoing Tube Logic development, giving experienced players a premium-grade amplifier realized through years of expertise, careful component selection, and detailed craftsmanship. Tube Logic reproduces the complex interactive behaviors of classic tube designs in every way, providing authentic sound and feel with punchy attack, natural compression, dynamic speaker response, and big onstage presence. The amp also debuts BOSS’s custom Waza B12W speaker, which combines the tone of sought-after “blue bell” speakers from the 1960s with modern power handling capacity.
Next-Generation Power Amp
A standout of the Nextone series is its innovative analog power amp design and selectable EL84, EL34, 6V6, and 6L6 class AB circuits. BOSS further expands the power amp features with the Nextone Special, taking things to an all-new level. Enhanced reactive drive circuitry refines the all-important power section/speaker interaction, putting even more expressive feel under your fingers. Onboard voicing controls let you fine-tune the response to your playing style, with even deeper tweaks available via the Nextone Editor. And with the variable power control, you can always ride in the “sweet spot,” whether performing in small venues or on the biggest stages.
Unmatched Tonal Versatility
With two independent, fully featured channels, the Nextone Special gives you unprecedented control over your personal sound. Choose between clean and lead voicings, select British or American tone stacks, access multiple onboard effects, and shape the power section with dedicated knobs. There’s an Extra Headroom switch for maximum punch at full power, plus the ability to set switchable solo levels for clean and lead sounds. Three Tone Setting memories are also available, letting you save favorite setups for instant recall.
Perfect Sound Every Time You Power Up
While everyone loves the sound and vibe of classic tube guitar amps, they’re heavy, fragile, and require regular maintenance to keep them running at peak performance. With the Nextone Special, you get all the benefits of authentic tube tone without the downsides. The weight is reduced over a typical tube combo, making transport and set up easier. And with no tubes to worry about, you’ll enjoy consistent sound and ultra-reliable performance night after night.
The Nextone Special’s rear panel is filled with connectivity for modern performance and music production. External control is supported via the GA-FC foot controller, standard BOSS footswitches, and MIDI. There’s also an effects loop, plus XLR and 1/4-inch line outputs for sending a direct feed to a PA, complete with three selectable mic’d cab IR voicings with Air Feel. A phones/recording output is available for silent practice and tracking sessions, along with USB for direct recording and communication with the Nextone Editor software. External speaker jacks are included as well, letting you connect up to two 16-ohm 4x12 cabs for even bigger tones.
- Professional performance amplifier with 80 watts of power
- Authentic tube amp sound and feel, realized with BOSS’s continually evolving Tube Logic approach
- Enhanced reactive drive power amp circuitry and carefully selected components throughout
- Custom Waza B12W 12-inch speaker delivers classic “blue bell” tone with rich lows, mellow mids, and clear highs
- Four analog Class AB power amp circuits, selectable for each channel: 6V6, 6L6, EL84, and EL34
- Independent Clean and Lead channels with selectable American and British EQs, built-in effects, and advanced power amp voicing controls
- Five-way power control for cranked-up sound and dynamic response at any volume
- Extra Headroom switch for added punch when the power control is wide open
- Switchable Solo function with level control
- Onboard boost, delay, tremolo, and reverb effects, plus loop for patching in external effects
- Three Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling customized amp and effect settings
- External speaker jacks: one 8 ohm and two 16 ohm
- Line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cab IR
- Support for direct recording and re-amping via USB
- Character Shape for each tube type available in the Nextone Editor, enabling deep tone optimization at the power amplifier’s core
- External control support via GA-FC foot controller, footswitches, and MIDI
For sound, feel and versatility with clear, vintage tone. Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.