- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Headload Prodigy Combination Load Box and DI 8 Ohm
- Write a Review
- J28057 000000000 J28057000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Like the larger Headload, the Prodigy employs custom-made, cement-encrusted, ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the am...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Load box and DI in one to simulate a guitar cab and maximize tone at a lower stage volume.
Like the larger Headload, the Prodigy employs custom-made, cement-encrusted, ceramic-coated resister coils to convert the excessive power from the amplifier to heat and is able to comfortably withstand up to 100-watts RMS.
The Prodigy may be used in three different ways, depending on the need: First, it may be used as a direct box via the built-in Radial JDX Reactor. The hugely popular JDX combines a reactive load with a proprietary filter bank to emulate the tone of a 4x12 half stack. This features 100% discrete class-A circuitry for optimal tone and transformer isolation to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops. Designed to replace a microphone, the JDX delivers greater consistency while eliminating concerns such as stage resonance, bleed from other instruments and problematic room acoustics which can play havoc on the tone.
Second, the Prodigy may be used as a load box where you can attenuate the output from 100% down to 50% or to 25% to drive your amp harder while keeping the volume down to a comfortable level. Finally, the prodigy can be used without a speaker cabinet for completely silent recording. This is particularly useful in small venues where the speaker cabinet on stage may conflict with the sound in the room. It is also great for silent recording where you want to take advantage of "high power" amp distortion without upsetting the neighbors.
In order to optimize the playing experience for in-ear monitors, a dual-band EQ lets you optimize bass and treble settings. Two additional 1/4" outputs enhance connectivity: The first is direct from the amp while the second is post-EQ - post-JDX. These are used to feed additional amplifiers or effects and adjusted using the front panel-level control. A second-level control is used to adjust the built-in headphone amplifier for silent practicing.
Housed in 14-gauge steel to help keep magnetic radiation at bay, the Headload Prodigy features a handy carry handle plus Radial's unique book-end design that creates a protective zone around the switches and controls. The internal I-beam construction adds tremendous rigidity, protecting the sensitive PC board from being torqued which could lead to solder joints going cold prematurely. One or two Prodigies may be rack-mounted into a single 19" rack space using an optional rack kit and power is supplied by an external 15VDC supply with a cable clamp to prevent accidental disconnection. Available in the 8 ohm model.
- Load box with 100%, 50% and 25% silent attenuation
- Lets you drive your amp hard for best tone
- Custom-made, cement-encrusted ceramic-coated resisters
- Headphone variable control
- Line out variable control to adjust the level going to the unbalanced 1/4 in. JDX outputs
- 2-band EQ so you can fine tune the tone of the JDX output
- Lo-Z balanced mic level output used to feed the PA system, microphone, or recorder
- Ground Lift lifts pin-1 on the XLR output to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- Pre-JDX direct output sends unaffected direct signal from your amo to another stage am or effects pedal
- 1/4 in. output to go to your amp, 1/4 in. input for your amp speaker's output
- Class-A audio signal path for natural tone and optimal signal transfer
- Mil-SPEC-PCB for noise-free performance with double-sided durability
- I-Beam reinforced steel case with book-end design to protect it during transport and on stage
- Cable clamp secures the DC adapter cable and prevents accidental power disconnect
- Durable powdercoat finish, rackmountable
Add to your stage or studio rig with a quick click or call today!
- Audio Circuit Type: Passive attenuation circuit with active equalization
- Frequency response: Shaped to emulate a classic guitar cabinet
- Gain: -30dB/-42dB
- Noise floor: -106dBu
- Maximum input: 130 watts continuous
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05%
- Intermodulation distortion: 0.05%
- Input / output impedance: 4 ohm, 8 ohm, 16 ohm speaker load (model dependent)
- Output level - max - 1KHz: +17dBu
- Output level - max - 20Hz: +14dBu
- Gain reduction: 100%, 50%, 25%, 0%
- Equalization: Low EQ: +/- 9dB @ 80Hz
- High EQ: +/- 9dB @ 6KHz
- Headphone output: 400mW into 32 ohm
- Unbalanced line out: Hi-Z 1/4", pre or post EQ
- Balanced line out: 250 ohm post EQ
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at the XLR input
- Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Durable powder coat
- Size: (L x W x H) 10.25" x 5,9" x 3.75" (260.3 x149.7 x 95.2mm)
- Weight: 5.3lbs (2.4kg)
- Shipping size: (L x W x H) 14.5" x 8.75" x 4.75" (368.3 x 222.2 x 120.7mm)
- Shipping weight: 6.5lbs (2.9kg)
- Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5C and 40C
- Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.