- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Radial Engineering Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic Direct Box Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 150402 000000000 150402000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic DI Box Preamp is equipped with piezo acoustic input signal boosters to allow both add-on instrument pickups and built-in...Click To Read More About This Product
Lets you combine add-on pickups and built-in active preamps!
The Tonebone PZ-Pre Acoustic DI Box Preamp is equipped with piezo acoustic input signal boosters to allow both add-on instrument pickups and built-in, integral active preamps to be combined for a more natural rendering. It is compact yet full featured, designed for both studio and live performance.
The Tonebone PZ-Pre instrument preamp begins with two inputs for two instruments, which can be toggled using the toggle footswitch. If you want to use two pickups on a single guitar, a unique Mix function is provided that converts the two channels from "either-or" to both. There are separate level controls for each input.
The tone shaping on the PZ-Pre preamplifier is simple yet extremely musical. It features powerful bass and high controls with a semi-parametric mid. This is supported with a feedback eliminating notch filter with variable frequency sweep control and choice of normal and extra deep notch filtering. To help eliminate troublesome resonance, a dual slope low cut (high pass filter) is also provided. An internal polarity reverse can also be engaged to help eliminate run-away feedback.
To augment on-stage performance, the PZ-Pre Direct Box Preamp is equipped with a combination power booster and effects loop bus. This allows you to introduce an effect such as a chorus, or boost the signal for soloing with a simple foot stomp. A separate tuner out has also been provided along with a mute footswitch for on-the-fly tuning.
To facilitate all kinds of monitoring, the Radial PZ-Pre offers the most comprehensive output array ever: A standard instrument amp output sends the instrument signal to your personal amplifier. A pre-EQ balanced lo-Z balanced output is used to route the flat, pre-equalized signal the signal to the front of house mix position, while a second XLR out is post-EQ for onstage monitoring and in-ear systems so that the musician can get the sound he wants. XLR outputs are equipped with polarity reverse and ground lift.
Like all Radial products, the PZ-Pre features heavy-duty 14-gauge construction and is supported with a 3-year transferable warranty. Comes equipped with an external 15VDC power supply.
- Piezo acoustic input signal boosters
- Designed for studio and live performance
- Unique Mix function
- 1 -gauge construction
- 3-year transferable warranty
Radial DIs are for those who are militant about their tone. See why. Order with the protection of our 45-day lowest price and total satisfaction guarantees.
- External 15VDC power supply
- Input impedance regular: 6.8 kOhm
- Input impedance piezo: 10 MOhm
- PZB boost level: 10dB
- Low cut roll-off pos-1: 75Hz
- Low cut roll-off pos-2: 220Hz
- Notch frequency range: 56Hz to 330Hz
- Notch Q setting-1: 8dB
- Notch Q setting-2: 15dB
- Low frequency type and spec: Shelving type +/- 12dB @ 75Hz corner freq
- Mid frequency range, type and spec: Parametric +/- 12dB 82Hz to 5.6Khz
- High frequency type and spec: Shelving type +/- 12dB @ 7.5Khz corner freq
- Boost level: 12dB
- Effects send & receive : -10dB, Send 1 kOhm, Return 15 kOhm
- Polarity Switch: 180 degrees (absolute phase reversal)
- Input-1: 1/4" unbalanced
- Input-2: 1/4" unbalanced
- Insert send & receive: Send 1 kOhm, Return 15 kOhm
- Output instrument: Hi-Z, coaxial, 1 kOhm
- Output Tuner: Hi-Z, coaxial 6.8 kOhm
- Pre-EQ: XLR male balanced mic level 600 ohms
- Post-EQ: XLR male balanced mic level 600 ohms
- Dimensions: 8" x 4-1/4" x 1-3/8" (203x108x35mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.