- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland Blues Cube Artist 80W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J20913 000000000 J20913000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The reinvented Blues Cube series launches the classic 1x12 combo amp into a new era, combining warm, buttery 6L6 tube sound and response with modern ...Click To Read More About This Product
A stage-ready, old-school blues powerhouse, built around cutting-edge tube-simulation technology.
The reinvented Blues Cube series launches the classic 1x12 combo amp into a new era, combining warm, buttery 6L6 tube sound and response with modern reliability and easy portability. Going far beyond modeling, Roland's Tube Logic design philosophy starts with carefully reproducing the inner workings of the revered tweed-era tube amp in every way, from guitar input to speaker output. Versatile clean and crunch channels can be used independently or combined for a complex range of tones, while variable output power modes let you dial in burning, full-throttle sound at any volume. Road-tested and fine-tuned with feedback from top players, the gig-ready Blues Cube delivers the sweet, magical tone and satisfying feel that makes a great guitar amp a highly expressive musical instrument.
Ready for live playing, the Blues Cube Artist is equipped with 60 watts of power, plus a custom 12-inch speaker that's been specially designed for maximum tonal response with Tube Logic. The open-back cabinet features poplar plywood construction, which offers acoustically vibrant tone for solo or group performances.
Clean, Crunch and Dual Tone
The Blues Cube Artist has two independent channels—one voiced for cleaner tones, and the other for crunch. Each channel has its own Boost and Tone switches to shape the character. The Clean channel's single volume control dials in natural tube fullness and bite as the volume is cranked, while the Crunch channel' variable gain control provides a range of grit flavors from mild to aggressive. With the press of a switch, the unique Dual Tone mode lets you blend both channels together for an endless array of rich tones. And just like a vintage tube amp, the Blues Cube loves stomp-boxes, allowing you to further shape your personal sound by hitting the amp' front end with your favorite gain pedals.
Wide-Open Sound at Any Volume
Every tube-amp player knows that you really need to turn up the volume and push the output tubes to get the amp to sing at its best. The downside is that the sound simply becomes too loud for playing anywhere but the biggest stages—though that's certainly never stopped guitarists from trying! With Tube Logic, the Blues Cube authentically delivers the complex distortion characteristics of a pair of 6L6 output tubes and their interaction with the output transformer, with the sound getting richer and the feel becoming more dynamically responsive as the overall volume is increased. But with the Blues Cube's variable Power Control, you'e able to enjoy this musical, cranked-up tone while matching the volume to any situation, from recording to rehearsals to nightclub gigs and beyond.
- Maximum wattage: 51W–75W; 80W
- Tube or solid state: Solid state
- Type: Combo
- Number of preamp tubes: Not applicable
- Preamp tube type: Not applicable
- Number of power tubes: Not applicable
- Power tube type: Not applicable
- Power attenuation: Yes; Attenuation knob
- Number of channels: 2
- Footswitchable: Yes
- Number of inputs: 2
- Speakers: 1x12"
- Speaker brand: Info not available
- Speaker model(s): Info not available
- Cab power handling: Info not available
- Cab back panel: Partially open back
- Impedance: Info not available
- Cab angle: Straight
- Channel 1: Four-band EQ, plus volume
- Channel 2: Four-band EQ, plus gain and volume
- Channel 3: Not applicable
- Channel 4: Not applicable
- Master volume: Yes
- Mid-shift: No
- Resonance: No
- Presence: Yes
- Bright: No
- Contour: No
- Reverb: Yes
- Voicing control: No
- Boost: Yes
- MIDI control: No
- Footswitch included: No
- Effects loop: Yes
- Footswitchable: Yes
- Reverb: Yes
- Tremolo: Yes
- Delay: No
- Echo: No
- Flanger: No
- Phaser: No
- Modulation: No
- Chorus: No
- Misc. Features
- External speaker output: Yes
- Headphone output: Yes 1/4"
- Direct output: No
- AUX input: No
- USB connectivity: Yes
- Built-in tuner: No
- Country of origin: Information not available
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.