- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Roland JC-40 40W 2x10 Jazz Chorus Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J24857 000000000 J24857000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The JC-40 Jazz Chorus delivers Roland' renowned "JC clean" tone and signature stereo chorus effect in a compact combo amp with evolved features for t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Legendary stereo tone and modern innovation for one killer combo amp
The JC-40 Jazz Chorus delivers Roland' renowned "JC clean" tone and signature stereo chorus effect in a compact combo amp with evolved features for the modern guitarist. Like the flagship JC-120 amp that it's based on, the JC-40 offers a classic stereo clean sound that' a perfect palette for tone shaping with stompbox effects. Now, there's also a true stereo input for enhanced performance with stereo effects pedals, guitar synths, amp modeling gear, and multi-effects. In addition, the JC-40's onboard effects include newly added features and updated sounds to support the needs of today' players.
JC Clean: The Benchmark in Clean Guitar Tone
For 40 years, players around the world have revered the iconic clean voice and huge stereo sound of the JC-120 Jazz Chorus amplifier. With the JC-40, you can now enjoy the genuine industry-standard tone in a scaled-down amp with innovative modern refinements. Two independent power amps and custom-designed 10" speakers deliver punchy stereo sound that won't get buried in the band, while durable, road-tough construction ensures years of reliable operation on stage and in the studio.
Famous Stereo Chorus and Other Effects
Beyond its stellar clean tone, the JC-40 includes onboard effects, all newly refreshed for enhanced performance. The trademark Dimensional Space Chorus stereo effect fills the stage with immersive 3D sound, and now offers selectable fixed or manual modes for increased tonal range. Renewed vibrato and reverb effects are on hand, and both operate in stereo for rich, deep performance. There's built-in distortion as well, updated with a smooth, satisfying tone that' great for all types of music.
Stereo Input for Multi-Effects, Modelers, and Synths
With its front-panel stereo input, the JC-40 allows players who use stereo effects devices to achieve wide, inspiring sound without having to carry around two separate amps. The amp' rich clean tone lets you get the most out of external stereo pedals like delays, reverbs, and various modulation effects. It' also perfectly suited for advanced gear that employs amp modeling, multi-effects, and/or synth capabilities, such as the GT-100, GP-10, and ME-80 from BOSS and GR-55 guitar synth from Roland.
Ideal for Pedal-Based Players
If you create your sound with stompbox pedals, there' no better platform than the classic JC clean amp. The rich, neutral sound won™t color your basic guitar tone, perfect for hearing exactly what your pedals put out.
The JC-40' rear panel is filled with connectivity options. There's an effects loop for patching in mono or stereo effects, and you even have your choice of serial or parallel operation. Line Out jacks give you a convenient mono or stereo feed to a mixing board or recorder, while the headphones jack is great for quiet practicing with your setup late at night or on the road. There's also support for optional footswitches, allowing you to easily turn the JC-40's chorus/vibrato, reverb, and distortion effects on/off while performing.
- Power: 40W (solid state)
- Speakers: 2x10 in. (stereo)
- Controls: 3-band EQ, reverb, speed, depth, bright, volume, vib/chorus, FX loop switch
- Stereo input enables players to get true stereo sound with modelers and stereo effects pedals
- Built-in vibrato, distortion, and reverb effects
- Footswitch jacks for turning onboard effects on/off while performing
- Stereo effects loop for connecting external effects
- Dimensions: 23.4 in. x 17.3 in. x 9.9 in.
- Weight: 34.8 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.