- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Synergy Bogner Ecstasy 2-Channel Preamp Module
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L74658 000001000 L74658000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Reinhold Bogner is a king in the world of boutique high gain. You can find his amps backing up a wide range of A-list players, such as Alice In Chain...Click To Read More About This Product
Harness the awesome tone of the Bogner Ecstasy in this two-channel preamp.
Reinhold Bogner is a king in the world of boutique high gain. You can find his amps backing up a wide range of A-list players, such as Alice In Chains’ Jerry Cantrell, Alter Bridge’s Mark Tremonti, Steve Lukather, George Lynch, Eric Johnson and even the late, great Walter Becker. Much of Bogner’s appeal comes from his legendary Ecstasy 100-watt head.
The Ecstasy is so popular that players demanded Synergy work with Reinhold to distill it down into this preamp module which is two years in the making. The Blue channel - based on the Ecstasy’s rock ‘n’ roll-approved second channel - offers shades of gain that, when combined with two, 3-position Pre-EQ and Schizo switches, cover everything from blues to hard rock. Switch over to the Red channel, and the same control layout brings in layer after layer of harmonically rich gain, perfect for wide-open leads and metal. With the Synergy Ecstasy module you can now have all of the harmonically rich overtones, searing high gain, plexi-style punch, and note definition of the original amp at a fraction of the cost.
By partnering with such iconic amplifier designers as Reinhold Bogner, Synergy is able to offer you the most sought-after tones in all-tube designs that are perfect for the direct-recording, lower-stage-volume, and compact-guitar-rig demands of today. It’s easy to see why the Synergy preamp module system is taking the industry by storm.
Cathode Select Switch
The Bogner Ecstasy module features a three-position switch on the PCB which allows you to configure the input tube bass response to match the original circuit of the selected module. This will affect the feel and tightness. Each amp designer has a specific combination of components that makes up their input tube circuit. We have selected the three most popular combinations which you can access with this switch. The USA voiced modules typically use setting 1 (1.5K resistor and 22uf capacitor). British style modules use position 2 (2.7K resistor and .68uf capacitor). The Soldano / VAI module use position 3 (1.8K resistor and 1uf capacitor). Of course, you can experiment and try any of the positions to see what you prefer. The modules will come preset to the designers preferred setting which for the Bogner Ecstasy module is position 1 (1.5K resistor and 22uf capacitor).
Dual-Single Slide Switch
The Powerball module features a secondary switch allowing the new Synergy modules to be used in older single channel Egnater and Randall modular amps/preamps that do not accept the dual channel modules. This allows access to either of the module channels when that slot is turned on. You will still not be able to switch between the two channels due to the limitations of the older hardware. You can set it so either module channel one or module channel two will turn on when the slot is selected. Set to Dual when using the module in units that have the switching circuit to access both modules. If you are using a single channel only amp/preamp, setting to DUAL will make the bottom module channel active. Set to Single will cause the top channel of the module to come on when selected.
Call or click to order today!
- Tubes: two 12AX7
- Two channels offer switching between Overdrive and Distortion tones
- Ecstasy Blue Channel: Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Pre EQ & Schizo Switches
- Ecstasy Red Channel: Gain, Volume, 3-Band EQ, Pre EQ & Schizo Switches
- Easy to install and remove from Synergy preamp docks
- Dual/Single switch allows the module to be used with older Egnater and Randall hardware
- Three-position cathode select switch allows you to configure the input tube bias setting for optimum input gain and bass response
- Built in U.S.A.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.