- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Synergy SYN-2 Dual Module Tube Preamp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L30256 000000000 L30256000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Unlock the full potential of your Synergy preamp modules with the powerful SYN-2 Dual Module Tube Preamp. The SYN-2 unleashes your boutique tube tone...Click To Read More About This Product
Expand the versatility of your amp with authentic tube tone and awesome features.
Unlock the full potential of your Synergy preamp modules with the powerful SYN-2 Dual Module Tube Preamp. The SYN-2 unleashes your boutique tube tone in three extremely useful ways. The cabinet-simulated direct output sends your 12AX7-driven tone direct to your recording console with the exact sound and feel of a high-end tube amp. Thanks to its ability to replace an amp's onboard preamp and convenient rack-mounted design, harnessing fantastic tone onstage and on the road has never been easier. And for those of you who want to add a dose of flexibility to your current rig, the SYN-2 will integrate with your amplifier and effects, adding four more footswitchable channels to any amp with a series effects loop. Whether at home, in the studio, or onstage, rely on your Synergy SYN-2 Dual Module Preamp for harmonically rich tube tone.
By taking advantage of the SYN-2's direct recording and performance capabilities, you'll send the real sound and feel of some of the world's most iconic tube amplifiers right to your track or front-of-house. The SYN-2's direct XLR output boasts a cabinet simulation that is second to none, offering you a studio-grade tone that is as effortless to attain as hooking up an XLR cable. Do you have your own impulse response that you'd rather use? No problem. Simply bypass the cab sim on the back of the unit. And to further dial in your tube-amp experience, Synergy engineers worked hand in hand with legendary amp designer Steven Fryette to outfit the SYN-2 with a front-mounted Sag control, supplying you with the feel and response that only a great tube amp can give.
Turns Any Amp "Boutique"
Whether you’re a touring musician who relies heavily on rented amps or are just unhappy with the tone of your current rig, the SYN-2 is an answered prayer. Simply run your guitar into this preamp and plug the unit into your amplifier's series effects loop return or power amp input. You've now bypassed the amplifier's preamp, giving complete tonal control to the SYN-2. Imagine it, consistent all-tube tone on the road, night after night. With the simple swap of a module you can turn your current amp into a Diezel VH4, a Friedman BE, a Morgan AC40, or any other of the top-tier amp models represented in the Synergy line. And because each module boasts two footswitchable channels and an effects loop, you're able to effortlessly call up new tones on the fly.
Add Channels to Your Existing Amp
One of the most powerful ways to utilize your Synergy SYN-2 Dual Module Tube Preamp is to add channels to the amplifier you already have. By hooking the unit to your amp's series effects loop with a straight-forward 3-cable method, you're able to footswitch between the channels on both of the installed Synergy preamp modules and your amp's built in channel(s). With the stomp of the programmable 5-button Synergy 5F footswitch you can take your amp from its own crystal cleans to your modules' fire-breathing gain. Best of all, with the SYN-2's onboard effects loop, you still have the ability to run your favorite rack and stompbox effects before or after the preamp section.
Powerful Switching Options
With so much tonal power and so many sonic options onboard the SYN-2, Synergy made sure to offer you two flexible ways to control it. The Synergy 5F 5-button foot controller is essentially a fully programmable MIDI controller. From the factory, the first four buttons recall the channels on your preamp modules, while button 5 bypasses the unit. But with a simple procedure, you're able to program the pedal to your needs. If that still isn't enough, the SYN-2 Dual Module Tube Preamp is fully MIDI capable. And because it accepts both 5- and 7- pin connectors, it works with almost every MIDI controller out there.
- Intuitive and fast way to record great tube tone
- Balanced XLR output offers cab simulation with bypass
- Licensed Fryette Sag control lets you dial in the preamp's feel and response
- Onboard effects loop for use with your rack and floor-based effects
- Ground lift eliminates unwanted signal noise
- Harness the tones of top-tier amp builders through any series effects loop-equipped amplifier
- Replace an amp's preamp section with the tube-driven module of your choice
- Offers convenient and consistent tube tone for players relying on rental gear
- Instantly upgrades your amp with the tones and feel of various iconic tube amplifiers
- Add two additional channels to any series effects loop equipped amp
- Select between your module's channels and your amp's internal tone on the fly
- Won't affect the performance of your amp's original tone
- 5-button, programmable footswitch (sold separately)
- Can be controlled via most MIDI controllers
- MIDI Thru allows you to command multiple units at once
- Phantom power input allows you to power any MIDI foot controller
- Intuitive programming
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.