- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
TC Electronic Thrust BQ500 500W Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L36882 000000000 L36882000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Thrust BQ500 is a 500-Watt revolution in portable bass amplification, packing more bang for the buck into an ultra-lightweight micro bass head (5...Click To Read More About This Product
This highly portable head delivers stage-ready bass power and tone.
The Thrust BQ500 is a 500-Watt revolution in portable bass amplification, packing more bang for the buck into an ultra-lightweight micro bass head (5.1 lb./2.3 kg) than a warehouse full of discounted fireworks! A custom-designed EQ and MOSFET preamp provides a tremendous tonal palette and realistic tube-like sound and feel.
Built for the pragmatic bass player, the 500-Watt BQ500 is designed with the ultimate in portability and power in mind. The cutting-edge Class-D circuit features a high-voltage MOSFET preamp that delivers the authentic feel and dynamic response of a real tube amp. A powerful 4-band EQ lets you sculpt your tone exactly how you like it, while the balanced DI output makes it ultra-easy to connect to the FoH (Front of House) mixing console or your recording equipment.
Versatility & Tone
A passive/active switch optimizes preamp input for basses loaded with either passive or active pickups for the best tonal response possible. BQ500 features the highly-versatile, single-knob Thrust compressor circuit that accurately sets the dynamic range of your playing and provides maximum punch to catapult your tone across the stage.
BQ500 is also the perfect practice tool thanks to its high-quality headphone amplifier with speaker emulation and AUX input, which lets you jam along with all your favorite grooves, songs or tracks.
The Real Deal
With 500 Watts of Class-D amplifier technology, a virtually unlimited tone palette and the ultimate in portability, Thrust BQ500 will quickly become your go-to amp for the studio or the stage. Rugged steel construction makes Thrust BQ500 superbly roadworthy and ready to rock!
- 500 Watt portable micro bass head amplifier for stage and studio
- Compact and lightweight design for ultimate portability
- Cutting-edge Class-D amplifier technology for incredible power and sonic performance
- High-voltage Mosfet preamplifier for authentic sound and feel of a tube amp
- Thrust compressor for ultimate punch and to capture every nuance of your playing
- 4-band EQ section provides ultimate tone shaping control
- Balanced DI output with pre/post EQ routing for direct connection to mixing consoles and recording equipment
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier with speaker emulation for personal practice and silent rehearsals
- Auxiliary rehearsal input for playback through speaker or headphones
- Speaker output on premium speakON* connector (4 Ohm minimum load)
- Amplifier protected against short circuits, thermal overload and low speaker impedance for enhanced reliability
- Rugged steel amplifier chassis designed for life on the road
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply for use worldwide
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Denmark
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 500W
- Single channel
- Single input
- Active-passive switch
- Impedance: 4 ohm
- Controls: gain, thrust, 4-band EQ, master
- Built-in compressor
- Balanced DI output
- Built-in headphone amp with speaker emulation
- Aux. input
- Weight: 5.1 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.