- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Tone King Sky King 35W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L40963
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Tone King Sky King 1 x 12” 35W combo electric guitar amplifier sings with the definitively American tones of the 1950s and '60s. This amp’s dual ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Take flight with this classic-inspired combo.
The Tone King Sky King 1 x 12” 35W combo electric guitar amplifier sings with the definitively American tones of the 1950s and '60s. This amp’s dual onboard channels - rhythm and lead - are voiced around the glassy elegance of blackface-style designs and the unmistakable warm bark of the tweed-covered titans. Give the lead channel’s Mid-Bite control a spin, and you’ll even find tighter sounds reminiscent of some equally iconic amps from across the pond.
Flip the Sky King around and you’re able to further enhance the amplifier’s inherent character. You’ll find a mode switch that selects between pentode and ultralinear performance on both channels. Pentode offers familiar clarity and transients, while ultralinear allows the amp to sag and react to every note you play. The Sky King also boasts not one, but two of the incredibly popular Ironman II reactive power attenuators – one for the clean channel, and one for the lead channel, allowing you to dial in the perfect performance-to-volume balance, no matter what the gig.
Add in footswitchable tremolo and a custom-voiced bias-modulated tremolo circuit, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more flexible amplifier that still accurately reproduces everything we all love about vintage American tone.
A lesson in American Tone
Both channels on your Tone King Sky King boast a no-nonsense 3-knob control layout and are footswitchable. But that’s where the similarities end. The rhythm channel is carefully sculpted to sing with ‘60s era cleans and chime. The lead channel, on the other hand, handles the harmonically rich midrange of ‘50s tweed amps and can also be crafted into old-school, British-style lead voices.
Changing Character with the Flip of a Switch
The Sky King features a powerful mode switch that swings the amp between pentode and ultralinear operation. Choose pentode for the feel and clarity that is found in the majority of amps around the world. Flip over to ultralinear mode to give the amplifier a warmer, rounder sound with plenty of elastic response to enhance your picking style.
Ironman II Reactive Attenuation
Tone King included its Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Sky King for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band- or home-friendly levels. And with the company's reactive load technology, your amp with sound and respond the same at any volume.
Onboard Spring Reverb and Tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced combo amps. With its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you’ll find the Sky King gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And it does it in a conveniently footswitchable design.
- Rhythm channel controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Lead channel controls: Volume, Tone, Mid-Bite
- Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
- Pentode mode offers a faster attack and more defined highs
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube-driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
- Ultralinear mode delivers richer lower-order harmonics and a softer feel
- Ultralinear mode reduces the amplifier’s gain and may need to be compensated with the preamp volume control
- 6-step attenuation is great in a variety of situations
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Independent attenuation for rhythm and lead channels
Call or click to order today!
- Power: 35W (tube)
- Two channels
- Built-in attenuation
- Dimensions: 24″ x 12″ x 18″
- Weight: 60 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.