Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Tone King Sky King 35W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Take flight with this classic-inspired combo.
Flip the Sky King around and you’re able to further enhance the amplifier’s inherent character. You’ll find a mode switch that selects between pentode and ultralinear performance on both channels. Pentode offers familiar clarity and transients, while ultralinear allows the amp to sag and react to every note you play. The Sky King also boasts not one, but two of the incredibly popular Ironman II reactive power attenuators – one for the clean channel, and one for the lead channel, allowing you to dial in the perfect performance-to-volume balance, no matter what the gig.
Add in footswitchable tremolo and a custom-voiced bias-modulated tremolo circuit, and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more flexible amplifier that still accurately reproduces everything we all love about vintage American tone.
A lesson in American Tone
Both channels on your Tone King Sky King boast a no-nonsense 3-knob control layout and are footswitchable. But that’s where the similarities end. The rhythm channel is carefully sculpted to sing with ‘60s era cleans and chime. The lead channel, on the other hand, handles the harmonically rich midrange of ‘50s tweed amps and can also be crafted into old-school, British-style lead voices.
Changing Character with the Flip of a Switch
The Sky King features a powerful mode switch that swings the amp between pentode and ultralinear operation. Choose pentode for the feel and clarity that is found in the majority of amps around the world. Flip over to ultralinear mode to give the amplifier a warmer, rounder sound with plenty of elastic response to enhance your picking style.
Ironman II Reactive Attenuation
Tone King included its Ironman II power attenuator aboard the Sky King for even more flexibility. Now you can bring your Imperial’s maxed tube tones to band- or home-friendly levels. And with the company's reactive load technology, your amp with sound and respond the same at any volume.
Onboard Spring Reverb and Tremolo
Spring reverb and bias-modulated tremolo are two sounds that define the tone of many vintage American-voiced combo amps. With its tube-driven circuits and old-school control, you’ll find the Sky King gloriously re-creates those thick, splashing, pulsating tones. And it does it in a conveniently footswitchable design.
- Rhythm channel controls: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Lead channel controls: Volume, Tone, Mid-Bite
- Mid-Bite control tightens the low end for added punch and cut
- Pentode mode offers a faster attack and more defined highs
- Bias modulation tremolo circuit delivers vintage-style pulse
- Tube-driven spring reverb with wide-ranging control
- Effects carefully tuned to balance across the two channels
- Ultralinear mode delivers richer lower-order harmonics and a softer feel
- Ultralinear mode reduces the amplifier’s gain and may need to be compensated with the preamp volume control
- 6-step attenuation is great in a variety of situations
- Reactive load technology maintains the feel and response of your guitar amplifier
- Independent attenuation for rhythm and lead channels
Call or click to order today!
Sky King 35W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp Specifications:
- Power: 35W (tube)
- Two channels
- Built-in attenuation
- Dimensions: 24″ x 12″ x 18″
- Weight: 60 lb.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.