Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo Captor X Reactive Load, Attenuator, IR Loader White 8 Ohmtrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo Captor X Reactive Load, Attenuator, IR Loader White 8 Ohm
- Free Shipping
- Price Drop
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
This amazing, portable box will take your rig to a whole new level.
Fed up with lifting heavy cabinets, inconsistent sound and stage volume issues? Torpedo Captor X allows you to go direct to the PA and audio interface with studio-grade cabinet simulations (cab sim). Two Notes Audio Engineering pioneered the digital load box and over the last decade, thousands of Two Notes hardware users have captured and enjoyed the harmonic complexity and responsiveness of their tube amps both in the studio and on-stage. Torpedo Captor X is the premium compact reactive load box but so much more.
Torpedo Captor X is the portable solution to your amp being too loud. Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. You can even enjoy your 100 watt rig in silence with an immersive headphone experience. Designed to embrace today's
demanding on-stage and studio recording environments, Torpedo Captor X brings new features to the Torpedo Captor family including a Stereo Expander (Stereo Reverb and Twin Tracker), Enhancer, Voicing, Space, Noise Gate and XLR DI outputs with 3 routing options (Stereo, Dual Mono and Dry / Wet).
Effortlessly Control the Miking Chain
Pair Torpedo Captor X with your phone, tablet, computer or MIDI controller, and shape your tone with Torpedo Remote. It’s a lot of fun choosing your cabinet, combination of mics and mic positions; experiment by placing microphones both in front and behind your virtual cabinet. Explore 32 carefully curated virtual cabinets, 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations and save your favorite 128 presets. Select your preset, room acoustic, output routing, EQ, reverb or edit any parameter from your device of choice using Torpedo Remote. No other compact reactive amp attenuator offers such universal control of the miking chain and with dual miking per cabinet, you may never use a real mic again.
Twin Tracker is an automatic double tracker. Your mono amp sound is routed to the left output and Twin Tracker creates another track (a virtual guitarist) on the right channel in real-time. The slight differences in timing and attack contribute to a beefed-up tone and massive sound. Two Notes developed an entirely new Stereo Reverb algorithm for Torpedo Captor X. Use the Space control to adjust the width of your stereo field; create subtle studio room acoustics and immense rooms for ambient soundscapes.
Enhance Your Tone
Voicing is a fast tone control enabling you to change the overall sound of all your presets at once. You may need to make a quick fix to adapt your sound to the venue you’re playing or the session you’re recording. Dial left to emphasize the mid frequencies and cut better through the mix and dial right to get a more scooped and modern tone. Sometimes you need a touch of magic to get the sound you are chasing; the Enhancer is a combination of dynamic and tone shaping tools, tailored for your guitar, and bass. Thickness and Brilliance emphasize the low end and high end of the tone, respectively. Body will render your tone fuller and more present.
Two XLR Outputs, Three possibilities
Enjoy the stereo experience when playing at home but in a live or studio situation you may wish to route the outputs differently. Enable Dual Mono routing and send different signals to your FOH and monitors; apply different EQ settings and Reverb levels to each output. Want to change the tone after recording your killer riff? Enable Dry / Wet routing to send both your cab sim and dry amp signal independently to your audio interface; process the dry signal at your leisure in your DAW with the included and critically acclaimed Two Notes Wall of Sound plugin. The feature-packed, easy-to-use and road-ready Two Notes Torpedo Captor X is the perfect compact solution for tube amp lovers at home, on stage and in the studio.
Call or click to order today!
Torpedo Captor X Reactive Load, Attenuator, IR Loader Specifications:
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38dB), Club (-20dB), Stadium (0db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets
- Dual IR Loader: 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations
- Instantly select your favorite preset direct on the hardware (PRESET)
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote for effortless control of all parameters e.g. position of mics
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb
- Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings
- Audition 300+ Virtual Cabinets via the Torpedo Remote online library
- Explore / purchase official cabinets from MESA/Boogie™, Celestion™, Orange™,
- Suhr™, REVV™ and more
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- USB Torpedo Remote (Windows and macOS) connectivity
- MIDI Torpedo Remote connectivity
- Wireless (Phone / Tablet) Torpedo Remote connectivity (Android and iOS)
- Speaker input: 1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
- Speaker output: 1/4″ jack unbalanced (TS)
- Headphone output: 1/4″ jack balanced (TRS)
- 2 x DI XLR Balanced outputs (Left, Right)
- MIDI input: 1/8" jack to MIDI cable adapter supplied
- Micro USB port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied.
- Mains power adapter: 100-240v AC / Output: 12V DC, 1A supplied
- Dimensions: 5.03" x 6.89" x 2.52" (128 x 175 x 64 mm)
- Weight: 2.86 lb (1.3 kg)
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.