- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Vox Hand-Wired AC30HW2 30W 2x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- H68243 000001000 H68243000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In VOX's history, there may never have been a series of amps boasting such a lofty and pure sound as the new Hand-Wired Series amps, which includes t...Click To Read More About This Product
Turret board construction and hand-wiring make for rich, versatile voicing and classic sound.
In VOX's history, there may never have been a series of amps boasting such a lofty and pure sound as the new Hand-Wired Series amps, which includes the AC30HW2 30W combo. The VOX Hand-Wired Series relies on the painstaking technique of turret board hand-wiring, a method requiring a high level of skill and craftsmanship. The result is wiring that's beautiful in its artistry and ensures an efficient signal path with minimal loss and no restriction in amplitude. In the AC30HW2 combo, tubes, transformers, speakers, chassis, and custom parts all join together in an ideal state to deliver the richest and most powerful sonic experience - the ultimate VOX amp. Not bound by tradition, the VOX Hand-Wired Series also provides a variety of new functions that keep pace with the needs of today's artists.
Constructed for ideal sound and power
Turret board hand-wired amps are every amp designer's ideal and every guitarist's dream, representing the ultimate in amplifier construction. Hand-wired amps are assembled entirely by hand, requiring staggering levels of technical expertise and care, and as such are often exclusive to today's limited productions or high-end models. The VOX Hand-Wired AC30HW2 combo pairs these demanding methods with rigorously-selected custom parts. These premium components are wired with a truly artistic degree of perfection. The result is that the subtle nuances of the guitarist's touch, the guitar's audio signature, and the natural character of the vacuum tubes are passed with perfect transparency to its 2 -12" Celestion G12M speakers, noted for their broad midrange attack and restrained top-end, providing a punchy attitude when chording, and a searing lead tone when driven hard.
True all-tube design - preamp, power amp, and rectifier
The VOX Hand-Wired AC30HW2 is a true all-tube amplifier, employing vacuum tubes in the preamp, power amp, and rectifier. The preamp uses three classic ECC83/12AX7 tubes, while the power stage uses a quartet of EL84s, along with a GZ34 rectifier tube. Combined, these three elements provide the vibrant, organic, and unmistakable tone that is the heart of the classic VOX sound.
Two-channel design: Top Boost and Normal
The VOX Hand-Wired AC30HW2 amp preserves the traditional VOX two-channel design, providing a Top Boost channel and a Normal channel. True to form, the Top Boost channel delivers the legendary AC30 sound with a fully interactive tone stack. VOX has also added a new and unique Hot/Cool switch. The Cool setting produces the orthodox Top Boost sound, while the Hot setting bypasses the tone circuitry altogether to create a more pure sound to achieve richer gain. A VFS1 footswitch is included with this VOX Hand-Wired Series amp, so you can quickly change between Cool and Hot, right at those moments when you need an extra dose of drive. The controls for the Normal channel consist simply of a volume knob, giving you a cleaner and more natural tube sound. In addition, this channel offers a Bright switch that adds emphasis to the upper harmonics of the tone when engaged.
Meets the challenge of today's broader tonal palette
The traditional, inimitable sound of the legendary AC30 continues to fascinate the guitarists of today. Many modern players have viewed this timeless design and desired more up-to-date options. While continuing to preserve the classic AC30's sonic character, the VOX Hand-Wired Series AC30HW2 combo offers the flexibility to meet the sound-creating requirements of a broad range of scenes and styles. The addition of a Master Volume and an Output Power (OP) mode switch lets you change the power amp's output level, delivering more detailed control over the gain/volume relationship, in turn providing more control over your sound. Despite being decked out in the retro-style fawn-colored vinyl suggestive of a 1960s-era AC30, this amp is not a mere nostalgia product. It's definitely designed for today's music scene.
"Old School" Master Volume bypass
The old AC30 had no master volume, nor indeed do most hand-wired amps. With such amps, high-gain sound meant that you needed to play at high volumes. High volume is unavoidable if tone is the primary consideration, but it can be inconvenient in many situations. The VOX Hand-Wired Series provides a master volume control, but also provides an MV/Bypass switch that completely bypasses the master volume section. This means that the legendary sound that has fascinated guitarists for more than 50 years can be faithfully reproduced, giving you a direct and pure high-gain tone.
- Two 12" Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
- Hand-wired turret board construction
- Birch-ply cabinet featuring solid bracing and a natural high frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- 3 ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes
- 4 EL84 power tubes
- GZ34 rectifier
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes that provide extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX two-channel design: Top Boost and Normal
- High and Low inputs for each channel
- The Normal channel provides an additional BRIGHT switch
- The top boost channel provides a HOT/COOL switch to achieve even more gain
- Master Volume/Bypass switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
- OP mode switch cut the amp's output power level in half
- Vintage fawn-colored vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
- Included VFS1 footswitch controls the Top Boost channel's Hot/Cool switch
- Includes premium, custom-fit dust cover
- 27-3/4"W x 10-1/4"D x 21-3/4"H
- 68 lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.