- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender American Performer Mustang Bass Rosewood Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L44545 000001000 L44545000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Born in Corona, California, the short-scale American Performer Mustang Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fende...Click To Read More About This Product
A more comfortable neck and improved pickups for the working bassist.
Born in Corona, California, the short-scale American Performer Mustang Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—along with new enhancements and a special split-coil pickup, replicated from the original ‘70s drawings, that make it even more inspiring to play.
The American Performer Mustang Bass includes the Yosemite split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup and a growling Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup, designed for rich, expressive tones. With flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output and a shellac coating that lets the coils breathe while controlling feedback, Yosemite pickups produce dynamic sounds ideal for any musical situation.
The American Performer Mustang also features Greasebucket tone circuitry that lets you shape your highs without adding bass, preserving your sound. The “Modern C”-shaped neck sports a 9.5”-radius fingerboard that’s comfortable for almost any playing style, along with 22 jumbo frets for effortless and accurate bending.
- Alder body
- One Yosemite split-coil Mustang Bass middle pickup; one Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickup
- Greasebucket tone system
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets
- ClassicGear tuning machines with tapered shafts; silver ‘70s logo
Upgrade your performance. Order your new Fender bass today.
- Shape: Modern C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 30 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Yosemite split single-coil
- Bridge: Yosemite single-coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.5" (38.5mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle
- Tuning machines: ClassicGear with tapered shafts
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics, Greasebucket tone circuitry
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: USA
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.