Why Shop With Us?
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
We're Here for You
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Fender Player Jazz Bass Maple Fingerboard Blacktrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Fender Player Jazz Bass Maple Fingerboard Black
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Genuine Fender style and tone.
With its dual single-coil pickups and smooth playing feel, the Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard is an inspiring instrument with classic, elevated style and authentic Fender bass tone. It’s powerful, rumbling sound is punchy and tight; a growling voice that is matched with fast, smooth playing feel for a shot of creative inspiration. Ready for action in the studio, or on the stage, the Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard can take anything you can think of—and everything you haven't yet.
Respecting heritage while maintaining innovative spirit, the two growling Fender Player Series single-coil pickups are packed with legendary Fender bass tone, turned up to 11 for modern ears. Volume controls for each and a master tone control are close to hand to shape the pickups' powerful voice so you can easily craft your sound. The Modern C-shaped maple neck hosts a 9.5-in. radius fingerboard with 20 medium-jumbo frets that are ideal for almost any playing style, while the 4-saddle bridge is engineered for accurate intonation and easy action adjustment so you can personalize the feel to your playing style and taste.
Other features on the Fender Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard include a 3-ply pickguard, synthetic bone nut, vintage-style disc string trees, open-gear tuning machines and a four-bolt, F-stamped neck plate that marks this instrument as the real deal—as Fender as it gets. When you need a bass that can help you get to the next level—one that has genuine Fender sound, style and feel—reach for the Fender Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard. Case sold separately.
The Fender Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard is for bassists who want to work with a foundation of crisp, clear tone. For slightly warmer tone, check out the Fender Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard. The slightly softer pau ferro wood rounds off the edges on your bass tone. To view the entire Player Jazz Bass family, with right and left-handed versions of both the maple and pau ferro fretboard model, check out the full lineup of Fender Player Jazz Basses. Or, view the entire collection of Fender Player Series guitars and basses available at Musician's Friend.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- Two Player Series single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Two volume controls, master tone control
- “Modern C"-shaped neck profile
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard
Move up with a classic. Order today.
Player Jazz Bass Maple Fingerboard Specifications:Neck
- Shape: C Modern
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Bridge: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Brand: Fender
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Mexico
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.