- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Player Jazz Bass Pau Ferro Fingerboard
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- Product L21571
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Fender Player Series Jazz Bass with pau ferro fingerboard has the perfect combination of vintage Fender vibe, modern playability and price-consci...Click To Read More About This Product
Genuine Fender style and tone.
The Fender Player Series Jazz Bass with pau ferro fingerboard has the perfect combination of vintage Fender vibe, modern playability and price-conscious, yet quality construction. Made in Mexico, the Player Series Jazz bass with pau ferro fretboard delivers authentic Fender tone and parts at a lower price.
With its dual single-coil pickups and smooth playing feel, the Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard is an inspiring instrument with classic, elevated style and authentic Fender bass tone. It’s powerful, rumbling sound is punchy and tight; a growling voice that is matched with fast, smooth playing feel for a shot of creative inspiration. Ready for action in the studio, or on the stage, the Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard can take anything you can think of—and everything you haven't yet.
Respecting heritage while maintaining innovative spirit, the two growling Fender Player Series single-coil pickups are packed with legendary Fender bass tone, turned up to 11 for modern ears. Volume controls for each and a master tone control are close to hand to shape the pickups' powerful voice so you can easily craft your sound. The Modern C-shaped maple neck hosts a 9.5-in. radius pau ferro fingerboard with 20 medium-jumbo frets that are ideal for almost any playing style. Its 4-saddle bridge is engineered for accurate intonation and easy action adjustment so you can personalize the feel to your playing style and taste.
Other features on the Fender Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard include a 3-ply pickguard, synthetic bone nut, vintage-style disc string trees, open-gear tuning machines and a four-bolt, F-stamped neck plate that marks this instrument as the real deal—as Fender as it gets. When you need a bass that can help you get to the next level—one that has genuine Fender sound, style and feel—reach for the Fender Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard. Case sold separately.
The Fender Player Jazz Bass with pau ferro fretboard is for bassists who want to work with a foundation of warm, fat tone. For slightly crisper, punchier tone, check out the Fender Player Jazz Bass with maple fretboard. The slightly harder wood adds clarity and definition to your bass tone. To view the entire Player Jazz Bass family, with right and left-handed versions of both the maple and pau ferro fretboard model, check out the full lineup of Fender Player Series Jazz Basses. Or, view the entire collection of Fender Player Series guitars and basses available at Musician's Friend.
- Alder body with gloss finish
- Two Player Series single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Two volume controls, master tone control
- “Modern C"-shaped neck profile
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard
Move up with a classic. Order today.
- Shape: C Modern
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Middle: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Bridge: Player Series Alnico 5 Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Brand: Fender
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Synthetic bone
- Nut width: 1.5 in. (38.1 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-Saddle adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Open-geared
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Mexico
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.