Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Fender Player Plus Jazz Bass V Pau Ferro Fingerboard Tequila Sunrisetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: Tequila Sunrise
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
5-string Jazz Bass with dual single-coil pickups.
We've been really excited by the Fender's Player Plus Series. The concept of taking the popular Player Series and adding features from some of their top-tier USA-built guitars is, we think, genius. The Fender Player Plus Jazz Bass V takes advantages of some of these premium features to create an instrument that we think you'll love, whether you're a touring pro, a serious enthusiast or just someone who wants a great bass to play. With Fender's latest generation noiseless pickups, a 3-band active EQ, and other premium touches, the Player Plus Jazz Bass is a great choice for players who care about their sound.
Comfort Is Key
The neck is, arguably, the most important part of any electric guitar or bass. It's where you connect to the instrument, and its comfort and playability are what determine how you approach your playing. This is where the biggest upgrades for the Player Plus Jazz Bass V happens. It still starts with a traditional 34" scale, but a new, flatter 12" fingerboard radius makes for quicker, easier playing. Rolled edges add to long-term playing comfort. 20 medium-jumbo frets help make for both precise intonation and easier fretting.
Next to the neck, most players look to the pickups. Great pickups are the key to any electric instrument's tone, and the Player Plus Jazz Bass V is loaded with the latest generation of Fender's Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups. These pickups can go from smooth and crystal-clear to growling and aggressive while ignoring any background hum, carrying the signature Jazz Bass tones to a new expanse of tonal versatility. Next, Fender's 3-band active EQ has cut and boost for highs, mids and lows, making it easy to dial in precision tonal settings. When you want to go passive, just flip the mini toggle switch and you can bypass the EQ altogether, while still getting the benefits of noiseless pickups
Ooh, Those Curves
One of the most distinctive things about the Jazz Bass is the smooth curves of its distinctive offset body. The Player Plus Jazz Bass V carries on that tradition, with a variety of classic Fender finishes plus a new finish, exclusive to the Player Plus line—a stunning linear burst finish called Belair Blue. Whatever finish you choose, your Player Plus Jazz Bass will stand out in any playing environment.
You count on your bridge for three things: sustain, precise intonation and the resonance that comes from strong coupling to the instrument's body. With the Fender HiMass bridge, you Player Plus Jazz Bass V delivers all three big time. The combination of the cast base, easily adjustable chrome-plated zinc saddles and a solid attachment to the body to transfer vibration from the strings keeps the string vibrating longer. The classic Fender open-gear tuners have always been a touchpoint for tuning stability, and you can't beat their simplicity and durability.
The New Classic You Need
The thing that has us most excited about the Player Plus Jazz Bass V is the combination of top-level features and playability in a bass that's easily affordable for any serious player. If you've been looking to step up to a bass that's great for live playing or recording, looks great and brings amazing value to the table, you can't go wrong picking one up.
- Resonant, gloss-finished alder body with classic offset J-Bass contours and spectacular finishes
- 20 medium-jumbo fret, Modern C profile 5-string maple neck with rounded-edge 12"-radius pau ferro fingerboard, 1.875" nut width for easy fretting, and hours of comfort
- 4th-generation noiseless pickups with deferrable 3-band active EQ
- Fender HiMass bridge for increased sustain and locking tuners for smooth action, stability and more sustain
Click or call to order the Player Plus Jazz Bass V today.
Player Plus Jazz Bass V Pau Ferro Fingerboard Specifications:Neck
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34”
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material/width: Synthetic Bone/1.875"
- Body Type: Solid Body Double Cutaway
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Bridge/Tailpiece: High Mass
- Tuning machines: Open-gear
- Color: Hybrid
- Number of strings: 5 String
- Case: Gig Bag
- Country of origin: Mexico
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.