Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Bach Tuba / Sousaphone Mouthpiece 7true true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Lowest Price
Vincent Bach was a rare combination of artist and engineer. A mechanical genius and acclaimed trumpet soloist, his instruments and mouthpieces are used today in every major studio and orchestra in the world. Bach personally designed the tools and composed the plans that continue to set the high standards for making all Bach products today.
"Choosing the perfect mouthpiece is often more difficult than choosing the perfect instrument. Your success as a musician depends on the choice of equipment that will do justice to your capabilities."-Vincent Bach
- Model No. / Depth of Cup / Depth of Cup / Approx. Cup Dia. / Rim Shape / Description
- 7 / Deep / Medium / 33.25 mm / Medium wide. / A large mouthpiece with full, lively tone and a splendid low register, for players with a strong embouchure. Recommended for large-bore instruments.
- 12 / Deep / Medium / 32.75 mm / Medium wide. / Fairly large diameter, producing a big, vivid tone.
- 18 / Deep / Medium / 32.10 mm / Medium wide. / Our best-selling mouthpiece for all-around work. Has an even high register, substantial tone of excellent carrying power.
- 22 / Deep / Medium / 31.60 mm / Medium wide. / Slightly smaller than No. 18. Recommended for use in school bands.
- 24W / Deep / Medium / 31.25 mm / Wide, well rounded. / A versatile mouthpiece with lively tone, suitable for school bands.
- 24AW / Deep / Deep / 31.25 mm / Wide, well rounded. / An excellent mouthpiece whenever a sonorous, dark tone quality
- of enormous volume is desirable.
- 25 / Deep / Medium / 30.60 mm / Medium wide. / A fairly small mouthpiece suitable for young students.
- 30E / Deep / Medium shallow / 30.00 mm / Medium wide. / A small mouthpiece requiring little volume of air. For the young student with a small mouth.
- 32E / Deep / Medium shallow / 29.50 mm / Medium wide. / A small mouthpiece for the lightweight bass horn, or for the less robust player seeking a robust tone.
- With the exception of the "junior" mouthpieces, Nos. 30E and 32E, Bach tuba mouthpieces can be used equally well on BB-flat and E-flat tuba. There is no good reason for making mouthpieces for E-flat tuba any smaller or shallower, because a player using an E tuba actually transposes a fourth and uses the instrument in the lower register, for which a larger-sized mouthpiece is to be given preference. Nos. 7, 18, 24W and 24AW have larger backbores.
Get the right mouthpiece and play better! Order today.
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.