- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Holton H179 Farkas Series Fixed Bell Double Horn
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 460376 000000000 460376000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Holton H179 Professional Farkas French Horn is regarded among working professionals and leading academics as the flagship of the Holton fleet. It...Click To Read More About This Product
The inimitable Holton Farkas!
The Holton H179 Professional Farkas French Horn is regarded among working professionals and leading academics as the flagship of the Holton fleet. It produces the truly centered tone sought by all players. True temper makes it a delight to fly over even the most difficult passages. The solid nickel silver edition of the model H179 French Horn has especially good center and projection. This free-blowing Farkas horn features a rich, dark sound designed especially for the "big horn" artist. The tapered tubing and throat of the bell are larger for a bigger, darker tone. The bell flare produces a mellow, velvety tone plus a little overtone of a ringing quality. Hard nickel silver responds quickly and sounds brighter up close.
Key of Bb/F double, .468" bore; 12-1/4" bell of hand-hammered nickel silver; large-throated .310 venturi of nickel silver; noiseless string action, short stroke with stainless steel spring; solid nickel silver slides inside and out; tapered hand-lapped brass valve rotors; nickel silver finish.
- Key: F / Bb
- Bore: .468-inchBell: 12.25" diameter
- Bore: .468"
- Key: F-Bb
- Pitch: A445 with independent Bb tuning
- Bell: 12.25-inch
- Bell Type: Fixed
- Bell Throat: Large
- Bell Material: Hand-Hammered Nickel Silver
- Leadpipe: Fixed
- Leadpipe Material: Nickel Silver with .310 Venturi
- Wrap: Kruspe
- Linkage: String
- Features: Solid Nickel Silver Inner and Outer Slides; Water Key on Leadpipe
- Case: Yes
- Mouthpiece: Farkas Medium Deep Cup
- Finish: Nickel Silver
Play the finest. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.