- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YCR-2310III Standard Bb Cornet
Bb Cornet Silver
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #H82867 000001001 H82867000001001
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The YCR-2310III is an excellent introductory model that features a rounded leadpipe and ML (medium-large) bore for smooth and light response with a s...Click To Read More About This Product
Good quality introductory cornet.
The YCR-2310III is an excellent introductory model that features a rounded leadpipe and ML (medium-large) bore for smooth and light response with a soft, warm tone. An adjustable third valve trigger accommodates different sized hands helping the player develop proper playing technique. This design was introduced early in 2012 and represents the latest in manufacturing and design considerations within Yamaha's student brass line.
The newly redesigned, durable yet light two-piece bell is made of yellow brass for optimal playability and to promote good technique and endurance. Highly durable monel alloy pistons as well as newly designed valve buttons and bottom caps help lengthen the life of the instrument while also maximizing sound quality. The 2nd and main tuning slides are produced using the same method as high-end Yamaha models, which provides stability, a more refined tonal color and added durability. The redesigned rounded leadpipe and ML (medium-large) .459" bore give this instrument a smooth and light response and a warm tone quality.
Compared to the trumpet, the cornet features a greater proportion of conical tubing, which gives it a mellow, softer tone. It is perfect for many marching environments, as well as contemporary jazz ballads. It is the standard Bb instrument used in Dixieland jazz as well, and is appropriate to any acoustic environment in which a trumpet is in danger of overpowering other instruments. It is a great instrument to learn three-valve technique on in general, and any experienced trumpet player will appreciate becoming reacquainted with the charm of the cornet.
- Yellow brass bell
- New pistons, valve caps and buttons
- New tuning slides
- Bore size and lead pipe
- Level: Standard
- Key of: Bb
- Bore ML: .462"
- Bell Diameter: 4-3/4"
- Leadpipe: Gold Brass
- Body Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass; Pluzuma Welded
- Weight: Medium
- Key Buttons: Plastic
- Finish: Gold Epoxy Lacquer; Silver (YCR-2130IIIS)
- Pistons/ Valves: Nickel-plated
- Mouthpiece: 11C4
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.