- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Meinl Artist Series Taku Hirano Signature Hand-Bale
Black 13 in.
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 584898 000001078 584898000001078
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Meinl Artist Series Taku Hirano Signature Hand-Bale has a uniquely crafted retaining rim. One half is traditionally shaped, and the other half is...Click To Read More About This Product
Classic timbale tones at your fingertips.
The Meinl Artist Series Taku Hirano Signature Hand-Bale has a uniquely crafted retaining rim. One half is traditionally shaped, and the other half is recessed below the drum head. This opens the timbale to bongo-style hand techniques that easily produce an unmistakably crisp timbale sound. Stick techniques are possible on the traditionally rimmed portion of the drum. A special stand (584931) is available
Taku Hirano wanted to add timbale accents and fills while playing on congas and multi-percussion setups, without needing sticks. Meinl's Artist Series Signature Hand-Bale now makes that possible. As Taku himself put it, "The instrument sounds great using bongo technique; so that if you use one- or two finger hits on the edge with the same force that you would play mounted bongos, you are able to effectively recreate the quintessential timbale rim stroke. No sticks? No problem! Cracking timbale fills at your fingertips . . ."
- Uniquely shaped retaining rim: one half traditionally shaped, one half recessed below shell
- Works with hand or stick techniques
- Black 13" shell with mount
- Optional stand: 584931
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.