- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering Goodtime 17-Fret Tenor 4-String Banjo
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J09459 000000000 J09459000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
If you want a top quality reasonably priced Irish Tenor banjo, the Goodtime 17-fret Tenor is a real find. Made in America at the Deering Banjo factor...Click To Read More About This Product
Loud and lovely tone.
If you want a top quality reasonably priced Irish Tenor banjo, the Goodtime 17-fret Tenor is a real find. Made in America at the Deering Banjo factory in California, the Goodtime open back banjo weighs about 4 pounds so it is ideal for traveling, camping, hiking, and taking to the beach. It provides a vibrant singing banjo tone in any situation.
Light enough to hold and play easily, it is the perfect banjo for beginners since it is fretted correctly and plays easily. The shorter 17-fret neck reduces the length of the entire banjo to just 32 inches end to end. Tuned in 5ths like a viola or cello (C,G,D,A), this banjo is a great crossover instrument for string instrument players of all kinds.
- Easy switch from guitar or mandolin
- Great sound and projection
- Lightweight and easy to play
Order today and experience a friendly, easy-to-play tenor banjo.
- Blonde Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 17 Nickel Silver Frets
- Hardwood Bowtie Inlays
- Sealed Geared Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Blonde 3-ply Maple Rim
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 11³ Frosted Bottom Head
- 5/8³ Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
- 16 Flat Hooks With 9/32³ Nuts
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
- Durable Satin Finish
- Case sold separately
- Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
- Tuned: C,G,D,A in standard tenor tuning
- Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
- Neck Width At The Nut: 1 1/8³
- Scale Length Nut To Bridge: 21³
- Rim Diameter: 11³
- Overall Instrument Length: 32³
- Instrument Weight: 4 lbs
- The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Goodtime banjo a warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.