- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Deering The Goodtime 2 Banjo
- Write a Review
- 517711 000000000 517711000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
A resonator back provides more projection of sound in the Goodtime 2. It's made here in the USA, at the Deering shop with the same tooling used to ma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Great tone at a very modest price!
A resonator back provides more projection of sound in the Goodtime 2. It's made here in the USA, at the Deering shop with the same tooling used to make the top-of-the-line banjos. Greg Deering designed the Goodtime banjos because there were no low-priced banjos of enough quality for people to actually learn on without difficulty or giving up. He remembers what it was like to want a good banjo and not be able to afford one, so his gift to others is the Goodtime banjo line.
Designed for success, the Goodtime banjos are amongst the lowest-priced American-made banjos ever made. They are so good, many professionals have recorded with Goodtime banjos. The Goodtime 2 weighs 6lb., about the weight of a guitar. The Goodtime 2 has a natural blond maple satin finish to protect it. If you want a great low-priced bluegrass banjo for travel and leisure that plays correctly and is durable, this is a great buy.
For a punchy, hard-driving bluegrass tone, the Deering Goodtime 2 Banjo uses a rock maple neck and resonator, and a birch and maple rim. The slender and fast-playing neck with all geared tuners creates a banjo that is easy to tune, to maintain and to play. Standard 11" head. The Goodtime 2 Banjo is handmade in the USA.
Case sold separately.
Has a bright sound of maple that projects well.
Easy to play with clarity of note separation.
G,D,G,B,D in standard G tuning.
Can easily be tuned in other tunings as well.
Comes with light gauge strings.
Can also be played with medium gauge strings.
- Blond Slender Rock Maple Neck
- 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
- Exotic Wood Bowtie Inlays
- Geared Tuners
- Geared 5th String Tuner
- Sealed Geared Guitar Tuners
- Durable Satin Finish
- Deering Fiddle Shaped Peghead
- 3-ply violin grade Goodtime Maple Rim
- 11" Frosted Top High Crown Head
- Steel Tension Hoop
- 16 Bracket Shoes
- 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32" Hex Nuts
- Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
- 2 Piece Flange
- Nickel plated Armrest
- Nickel Plated Hardware
- Resonator of Blond Maple
- Black Binding
- Durable Satin Finish
- Case sold separately
Click or call to get your Goodtime 2 Banjo on its way to you!
- Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4"
- Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4"
- Resonator Diameter 13 7/8"
- Rim Diameter 11"
- Overall Instrument Length 38"
- Weight Approx. 6lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.