Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Kentucky KM-1050 Master F-Model Mandolin 1920s Sunbursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Professional quality mandolin with compound radius.
You will, however, notice some distinctions between those highly favored 90-year-old mandolins and the Kentucky FM-1050. Mandolin players, especially those proficient in playing other fretted instruments with wider string spacing will appreciate the new KM-1050. At first glance, this new master-level mandolin shares similar specifications to the popular KM-1000, but looking more closely you will discover a few more player-friendly features first pioneered by Saga and Kentucky mandolins in the late 1970's as a result of collaborations with the best mandolin players of the day.
These features include an ebony fingerboard with a compound radius, a wider nut and saddle for more comfortable string spacing, frets that are taller and wider than those found on vintage instruments and a skillfully scooped fingerboard extension with inlaid nickel-silver fret markers to retain a traditional look. All combine to make for a mandolin with a playability that is unmatched. Like other Master Model Kentucky Mandolins, the body of the KM-1050 features a hand-carved and graduated Adirondack spruce top, and a back, sides and slim comfortable neck made of select Northern maple to assure the best tone possible. it will be hard to find a better F-model mandolin on the market today that represents the quality and value of America's new Favorite...the KM-1050!
- Solid, hand-carved and graduated select Adirondack spruce top
- Solid, flat-sawn, hand-carved select flamed maple back and sides from Northern Michigan
- One-piece maple neck with dovetail neck/body joint at the 15th fret
- Peghead overlay with Kentucky script and original-design Flower Pot inlay of genuine pearl
- Ebony fingerboard with M-O-P dot position markers and highly polished medium sized nickel-silver frets
- The fingerboard extension over the body has been scooped and inlaid with non-functional nickel-silver fret markers that maintains the traditional look
- Nitrocellulose finish in a traditional 1920's sunburst
- Vintage-style ebony bridge with small adjustment wheels and a slightly wider string spacing
- Traditional 2-screw truss rod cover plate
- Perfectly shaped M-O-P nut with a wider 1 1/8-inch width
- Silver-plated, Kentucky engraved tailpiece with leather insert
- High-quality, silver-plated Gotoh tuners with engraved plate and removable pearloid buttons
- Shop adjusted
- Case sold separately
Order today and get an instrument that leverages your technique on other instruments.
KM-1050 Master F-Model Mandolin Specifications:
- Back and Side Material: Solid Flamed Maple
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Body Style: F-Style
- Bridge Material: Polished Ebony with Adjustment Wheels
- Fingerboard Binding: Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Inlay: M-O-P Dots
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Finish: Sunburst High-gloss Lacquer
- Neck / Body Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Material: One-piece Maple
- Note: Accepts Loop-end Strings Only
- Number of Frets Clear: 15
- Number of Frets Total: 29
- Nut Material: M-O-P
- Nut Width: 1 1/8"
- Peghead Inlay: Abalone and Pearl Flowerpot-style / Logo Script
- Peghead Overlay: Black Composition
- Pickguard: None
- Plating: Silver-plated / Pattern and Logo Panagraph Engraved
- Scale Length: 13 7/8" (354mm)
- Sound Hole Shape: Traditional F-Hole
- Tailpiece: 1920s-style Stamped Brass / Press-fit Cover
- Top: Premium Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Top Purfling: Multi-ply W-B-W / Side Inlay
- Truss Rod: Traditional Two-Way Adjustable
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Gotoh„¢ 4-on-a-plate / Removable Pearloid Buttons
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.