- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez AJ80CE-12 12-String Jumbo Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- J42380 000001000 J42380000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Big, blonde and beautiful, the Artist Series AJ80CE-12 Jumbo is a powerhouse guitar and incredible value with a solid A+ Sitka spruce top, hand selec...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Full, bright tone with the right electronics to capture it in live situations.
Big, blonde and beautiful, the Artist Series AJ80CE-12 Jumbo is a powerhouse guitar and incredible value with a solid A+ Sitka spruce top, hand selected from quarter sawn wood paired with a maple body for a brighter tonal blend.
As with all Artist Series models it's designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together to produce a tone and player experience rarely found in affordable instruments. These components include Alvarez's FST2M bracing system, bi-level bridge, real bone nut and great quality tonewoods.
FSTM is a forward shifted X brace design. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are scalloped. Moving the system forward allows for a larger soundboard, which is optimized with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
The sound is warm, open and powerful, and both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other. These guitars feel right and are exciting to play and responsive. Dig in and they shout right back at you, treat them gently and they whisper and respond instantly to the lightest strum or pick.
The AJ80CE-12 also comes equipped with an L.R. Baggs StagePro Element, a side-mounted preamp/EQ that offers battery access and a full chromatic tuner that is hidden beneath the control panel to maintain a clean, classy look. The three-band EQ with phase inversion and Garrett Null notch filter controls deliver warm, pristine sound even under the most challenging conditions.
Case sold separately.
- Body type: Jumbo
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Maple
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted pattern Scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Premium Die-Cast
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: PPS Synthetic Bone
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Order this quality 12-string today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.