- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Alvarez MFA66 Masterworks OM/Folk Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
- J09273 000001000 J09273000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
This stunning Masterworks OM/Folk offers simply incredible craftsmanship, tone and beauty. Alvarez's flawless Shadowburst finish looks fantastic over...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Stunning and articulate, all solid wood professional guitar.
This stunning Masterworks OM/Folk offers simply incredible craftsmanship, tone and beauty. Alvarez's flawless Shadowburst finish looks fantastic over the solid mahogany top and the hand-crafted paua abalone purfling frames the body beautifully.
Nothing can really match a guitar made from all-solid wood. The deflection of the notes is quicker, the quality of the sound is better, you can obtain optimal response and the sound of your guitar will improve as it ages.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of what Alvarez does. Their guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. The tonewoods are carefully cured; components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques they use are continually researched and developed, and the tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
This caring approach to development comes from one simple goal: to deliver the best guitars in the market at every price point, instruments that are truly amazing value and offer a fantastic player experience.
Alvarez believes their Masterworks Series guitars offer the best value for an all-solid guitar line in the market today. Their specification is incredibly high in relation to their cost and they perform as all-solid professional guitars should, with fantastic response and projection.
The term “all solid" refers to the guitar top, back and sides being made of solid wood rather than laminated. However, just because the guitar is made of all-solid tonewood, it only performs to its full potential when it is designed to get the best out of its materials and components. As the tops used in the Masterworks line are very high-quality Alvarez can make them a little thinner to heighten vibration. The radius of both the top and back are also refined to help increase volume.
Each guitar is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together. These components include Alvarez's FST2 bracing system, bi-level rosewood bridge, real bone nut and saddle, carefully seasoned tonewood and a thin finish.
FST2 is a forward-shifted X brace design, meaning the axis of the X is closer to the soundhole and therefore creates a larger soundboard area. This allows for more energy and vibration to be harnessed. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are carefully scalloped. The scalloping design was the result of years of continual development in their Yairi workshops.
The Masterworks personality is open and powerful. And the FST2 also creates very good balance so both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other.
All of Alvarez's tops are selected by the Alvarez team and graded independently of their suppliers. If it isn't worthy, they won’t use it. Top quality in Masterworks is at least AA grade.
- Solid African Mahogany Top/Shadowburst Finish
- Solid African Mahogany Back and Sides/Gloss Finish
- FST2M, Forward Shifted, Scalloped Bracing
- 1.5mm, all-round Paua Abalone Body Purfling
- Acacia Binding
- Solid Mahogany Neck
- Bi-Level Polished Rosewood Bridge
- Nut Width: 1-3/4 in. (44.45 mm)
- Scale Length: 24-13/16in. (630 mm)
- Real Bone Nut and Saddle
- Ebony Bridge Pins
- Paua Abalone and mother-of-pearl Inlays
- 2 mm Rosewood Headstock Plate
- Dot-free Rosewood Fingerboard with 12th Fret Inlay
- Premium Gold Tuners with Ebony Buttons
- D’Addario EXP’s
Get stunning looks and tone. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.