- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Epiphone SG Standard '61 Maestro Vibrola Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L72542 000001000 L72542000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
As part of Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 Maestro Vibrola is an incredibly sounding rock and roll icon. I...Click To Read More About This Product
Solidbody Electric Guitar with Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, Maestro Vibrola, and 2 Burstbuckers with Orange Drop Capacitors
As part of Epiphone’s new Inspired by Gibson Collection, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 Maestro Vibrola is an incredibly sounding rock and roll icon. It has many features of the classic Gibson that we here at Musician’s Friend love, including a reinvented Kalamazoo headstock shape and a Maestro Vibrola tailpiece. The neck and body of this classic-inspired guitar is also made from solid mahogany, giving it a warmth and depth that players crave. Add on a Rosewood fingerboard and two Burstbuckers and you’ve got a high-quality yet affordable axe.
A Newly Designed Maestro VibrolaRecreating the original Gibson SG from 1961, the Epiphone SG Standard ’61 comes with a newly designed ‘60s-style Maestro Vibrola. The Maestro Vibrola offers adds smooth vibrato effects to the Epiphone SG Standard ’61. Much like the Gibson version, the Maestro Vibrola added to this model features the Epiphone logo engraved.
Deluxe Tuners and Reinvented Headstock ShapeThe Epiphone SG Standard ’61 Maestro Vibrola also gets an update to its headstock, taking inspiration from the classic Gibson Kalamazoo headstock shape that Musician’s Friend customers love. This guitar also features Vintage Deluxe machine heads with keystone buttons that have been retooled to look like the Gibson Custom shop versions.
Powerful ElectronicsThe Epiphone SG Standard ’61 Maestro Vibrola is built for any stage, powered by dual Burstbucker humbucking pickups with orange drop capacitors. The Burstbuckers carry a tight low end, complex midrange and soaring highs that will give you that classic 1961 humbucker sound.
Packed with Premium HardwareOther premium features of the Epiphone SG Standard ’61 Maestro Vibrola include a ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge, Graph Tech nut that enhances sustain and tonal balance, acrylic trapezoid inlays and nickel-plated hardware. The brainchild of legendary Gibson president Ted McCarty in 1954, the ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge is slotted directly into the body of the guitar using a separate stud and thumbwheel. This configuration provides a firm seating for the strings and allows you to adjust and fine tune intonation and string height in a matter of minutes.
An Epiphone Inspired by a Gibson ClassicThough its inspired by a Gibson classic, the Epiphone SG Standard ‘61 Maestro Vibrola is built for the modern player. With high-quality and upgraded electronics, premium hardware and distinctive look, this Inspired by Gibson Collection guitar will have you sounding like the rock icons that once inspired you.
- An all-mahogany body that produces a warm and resonant tone
- 60s SlimTaper gloss-finished mahogany neck that’s quick and comfortable to play, plus a 22-fret, 12” radius Rosewood fretboard for even more colorful tones
- Burstbucker humbucking pickups that deliver the classic humbucker sound you crave
- ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge, Maestro Vibrato tailpiece for tons of bends and warbles and Vintage Deluxe tuning machines with keystone buttons for an extra vintage feel, plus a Graph Tech nut for all the resonance and sustain you need
Own a piece of history with this new Epiphone. Order today.
- Body style: SG
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Acrylic trapezoids
- Nut width/material: 1.69"/Graph Tech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge: Burstbucker 61T
- Control layout: 2 volumes, 2 tones and toggle switch (handwired with orange drop capacitors)
- Bridge: ABR-1 tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Maestor Vibrola
- Tuning machines: Vintage Deluxe with keystone buttons
- Color: Nickel
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.