- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Fender Player Lead II Maple Fingerboard Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72137 000001000 L72137000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridge and cool new ...Click To Read More About This Product
Style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
In response to low-priced import competition, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solidbody design, hardtail bridge and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender's history.
The Fender Player Lead II is an homage to those late '70s models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single-coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package
- Gloss-finished alder body
- Modern "C" maple neck with a satin urethan finish on back, gloss-finished front, maple fingerboard
- Player Series Alnico 5 Strat single-coil pickups in the neck and bridge, 3-position toggle
- 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail with block saddles, "F" logo tuning machines, synthetic bone nut
Take the lead with this Fender. Order today.
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss polyester
- Neck shape: Modern "C"
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck finish: Satin urethane back, gloss front
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Position inlays: Black dot
- Number of frets: 22
- Nut width/material: 1.650", synthetic bone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat single-coil
- Bridge: Player Series Alnico 5 Strat single-coil
- Pickup switch: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Control layout: Master Volume, Master Tone, 2-Position Pickup Phase Switch
- Bridge design: 6-saddle string-thru-body hardtail with block saddles
- Tuning machines: "F" logo
- Pickguard: 3-ply black
- Control knobs: Knurled flat-top
- Strings: Fender USA 250L nickel plated steel (.009-.042 gauges)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.