- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Gibson SG Standard '61 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L54585 000001000 L54585000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The SG Standard ‘61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In...Click To Read More About This Product
Gibson goes back to its roots with this SG Standard 61.
The SG Standard ‘61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and an all new design evolved into what is today known as the SG or “solid guitar”. The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and keystone tuners. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. Controls feature audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
- NItro-finished solid mahogany body
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck, 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Gibson BurstBucker 61 pickups, 3-way switch
- ABR-1 tune-o-matic bridge, stopbar tailpiece, Vintage Deluxe Keystone tuners
Own this reborn classic. Order yours today.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width/material 1.69 in. (43 mm) GraphTech
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: BurstBucker 61R
- Bridge: BurstBucker 61T
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.