Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Modal Electronics Limited Argon8 37-Key 8-Voice Polyphonic Wavetable Synthesizertrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Modal Electronics Limited Argon8 37-Key 8-Voice Polyphonic Wavetable Synthesizer
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
A true 8-voice polyphonic, mono-timbral synth with Fatar keybed and sequencing.
Leaning on the heritage of legendary Modal Electronics OO series synthesisers, ARGON8 is a modern wavetable synth for music performers, producers and sound designers. With its transparent and rich sound, an array of real-time controls, MPE support, a clear structured user interface and integrated performance tools, ARGON8 is a unique instrument, designed to deliver an unmatched sonic experience.
The ARGON8's premium 37-note keyboard with aftertouch is the perfect playground for demanding artists. The rugged aluminum chassis and professional I/Os allow it to be integrated into every studio and live setup. MODALapp gives easy access to all ARGON8 functions and runs on macOS/Windows/iOS/iPadOS and Android devices, and is also available in AU/VST3 plug-in formats as MODALplugin.
A Universe of Waves
ARGON8’s sophisticated wavetable engine generates thousands of different sonic combinations with its seamless waveform morphing feature. Explore ambient evolving textures, classic pads and modern chords, brutal basses, dark drones and psychedelic noise textures—ARGON8 is a true sound designer’s playground. Process and cross modulate the waves using any of the 32 static wavetable modifiers and unlock additional wavetable variations. With ARGON8 virtually every sound imagination comes to life.
Four morphable filter types deliver contemporary and classic options to shape sounds. Two flexible audio rate (1x polyphonic) LFOs can be routed to a huge amount of destinations using the modulation matrix and sync to internal or external tempo. Three dedicated envelopes for the filter, amp and modulation provide excessive control over dynamics and expression. ARGON8’s sophisticated 12-slot modulation matrix supports easy assignments of complex modulation routes to keep the sound evolving. Four common modulation routings are pre-set here to free up space for more interesting ideas.
On the Move
Bring performance to a new level with the integrated 512-note Realtime/Step Sequencer with 4 powerful Animation Lanes, that instill massive and complex transitions to the sound in a way that LFOs and Envelopes simply won’t provide. The polyphonic 64-note step sequencer mode enables easy step input for note and animation values to create exciting melodic patterns. Multiple sequencer trigger modes coupled with the powerful onboard arpeggiator (programmable up to 32 steps) and performance features, such as Chord hold, Inversions, Transpose, Sustain Latch and the joystick turn ARGON8 into a performer's and player's dream.
Feel the Sound
ARGON8's professional approach to serious artists finds perfect expression in the rugged steel and aluminum chassis, and the premium Fatar TP/9S 37-note full-size keybed. The keys support channel aftertouch and deliver smooth action to express powerful playing performances. For direct access of the parameters, ARGON8 features 29 endless knobs, 24 buttons and an X/Y joystick for pitch and modulation.
Your Own FX
Reshape your sounds completely with the onboard stereo effects engine. ARGON8’s 3-slot FX engine enables in-depth programming and can combine up to 12 FX algorithms to add character and depth to your sound, including Distortion (waveshaping overdrive) Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb.
Connections for Any Environment
With a comprehensive set of connections, ARGON8 feels home in every environment. Control the synth using USB, monitor with headphones or using the dedicated line outputs, sync with external gear using the full-size MIDI in and out, or the 3.5 mm Sync in or outputs, and take control of your sound using the built-in Sustain and Expression inputs. Expanding the sound of ARGON8 is possible by polychaining any two ARGON8 units for 16 voices and 64 oscillators.
Free MODALapp for Immersive Sound Programming Sessions
The free MODALapp brings the comfort of screen-based editing on your computer or mobile device. Available as a standalone app for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS or Android systems and in VST3 and AU plug-in formats it is the perfect companion for synth enthusiasts looking to deep dive to all sound forming and performance parameters to create their own signature sounds, and to backup and manage patches and sequences.
Unlock the full potential of your Modal Electronics instrument with MODALapp, a multi-platform application that’s the central command of your Modal synthesiser ecosystem. Available as a free download from the Modal Electronics website and all mainstream app stores, MODALapp conquers the dividing line between hardware control and screen-based patch editing, preset management and must-have product-specific resources. Unique, full-featured and above all, inspiring—joining the creative revolution and discovering hardware synth editing at its finest has never been easier.
- Fatar TP/9S 37 full-size keys with both velocity and aftertouch
- 1.54” large OLED display provides instant visual feedback to the user at all times of playing/editing
- Multiple keyboard modes: Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
- Built-in sophisticated programmable 32-step arpeggiator with rest capability and up to 2,048 steps before repeating
- Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
- Two pole morphing resonant filter with multiple filter types
- Filter can be morphed from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Hugely powerful “Mod Matrix” with 8 assignable slots with 4 additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations
- 4-axis joystick can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
- 3 dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously, including negative (reverse) versions
- 2 Audio rate LFOs with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
- Waveshaping distortion
- 3 incredibly powerful independent and user-configurable stereo FX engines
- Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Positive or Negative), Lo-fi, Tremolo, Rotary, 3 x Delay types (Stereo, Ping-Pong, Crossover) and Reverb
- Real-time sequencer with 512 notes with input quantize and four recordable/editable parameter animations
- Delay FX, LFOs, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
- 500 patch memories, all fully editable with 300 factory programs and 200 user patch spaces
- Patch upload and download through the free MODALapp
- 100 sequencer presets and 100 FX presets
- Quick Recalls accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favorite patches, 4 slots on keyboard variants
Explore new sounds and ideas. Order today.
Argon8 37-Key 8-Voice Polyphonic Wavetable Synthesizer Specifications:Connectivity
- Analog clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG/Teenage Engineering specification)
- MIDI DIN in and out
- Full-size 1/4" jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
- 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Downloadable MODALapp standalone software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
- Optional MODALplugin VST3/AU plug-in for running MODALapp within your Digital Audio Workstation
- Power: DC-9.0V-1.5A
- Road-ready steel and aluminum chassis
- Width: 555 mm–22"/Depth: 300 mm–11-3/4"
- Height: 100 mm/4"
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.