Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
NS Design WAV5c Series 5-String Electric Cello 4/4 Amberbursttrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Style: 4/4 Amberburst
NS Design WAV5c Series 5-String Electric Cello 4/4 Amberburst
Frequently bought together
- Free Shipping
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
The essence of an acoustic instrument with more possibilities.
Utilizing the NS patented Polar Pickup System, the WAV5c produces an amazingly natural cello tone without the problems of feedback and wolf tones. The pickup makes the use of electronic effect and looping easier and more effective than an amplified acoustic cello. The dual-mode pickup allows the player to switch from lateral (bow) to vertical (pizzicato) sensitivity, for even more control over attack and decay which results in additional expressive potential.
The asymmetrical fingerboard relief offers extraordinary playability in all positions. This fingerboard, featuring Coform technology, utilizes the engineered pairing of maple and high-tech acrylic to produce an ebony-like appearance with outstanding feel and performance, while helping to sustain traditionally used hardwoods.
- Asymmetrical fingerboard relief for easy playability
- Coform technology produced fingerboard
- Polar Pickup System with dual-mode control from lateral to vertical sensitivity
Perform with the state of the art. Order today.
WAV5c Series 5-String Electric Cello Specifications:
- Weight: 4.7 lbs (2.1 kg)
- Scale Length: 27.36 inches (69.5 cm)
- Body/Neck: Solid, straight grain maple neck and body; flame maple face
- Fingerboard: Asymmetrical fingerboard relief with intonation reference cascading dot markers
- Fingerboard Material: Coform maple and high-tech acrylic composite
- Truss Rod: Two-way truss rod, accessible at neck
- Tuning Hardware: Fully encased worm gear tuners, black finish
- Stringing: Low F, C, G, D, A
- Strings: NS Electric Cello Strings
- Bridge Pickup: Polar bridge-mounted piezo pickup system with lateral or vertical sensitivity
- Electronics & Controls: Passive circuit with high impedance output (no batteries required), rotary controls for volume, tone (treble roll off), 2-way toggle switch for Polar Pickup System
- Includes: Tripod stand with fully adjustable height and instrument angle; Gig bag with handle and shoulder strap and zipper pouch for tripod stand, includes bow compartment (bow sold separately) and storage compartment for accessories.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.