Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 9 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
Antelope Audio Edge Solo Modeling Microphonetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
Antelope Audio Edge Solo Modeling Microphone
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Flexible Financing
- Lowest Price
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
One microphone to complete your mic locker.
A Mic That Stands on Its Own
The Edge Solo features a low self-noise, high SPL and a 6-micron gold-sputtered diaphragm. Combined with the low-resonance body and low-reflection head basket, the capsule powers a high-performance microphone capable of delivering ultra-fast transients, flat frequency response, and exceptional dynamic range for clean and natural-sounding recordings.
A Plethora of Tone-Shaping Emulations
In addition to its own pristine sound, the Edge Solo has the ability to mimic 18 of the most popular mics - from dynamic classics to rare Tube & FET large-diaphragm condensers that have stood the test of time. To develop the emulations, Antelope Audio has worked with several revered European facilities, making rigorous measurements and testing multiple exquisitely preserved vintage microphones, as well as modern high-end classics. The 18 emulations provide the necessary sonic versatility needed to suit any voice or instrument both at home and in the studio.
A New Vision for the Recording Experience
The purpose of the Edge Solo and all other modeling microphones in Antelope Audio’s portfolio is to not only equip you with a variety of sonically versatile emulations in one body but to also expand your scope of recording abilities with features not available with conventional microphones. Antelope Audio’s modeling concept enhances your workflow by allowing you to switch between microphone emulations with a single click during recording or post-production. When paired with an Antelope Audio interface you can benefit from imperceptible latency while picking the best mic emulation for the job during tracking. If you prefer, record without any modeling, and alter the sound later with the native emulation plugins* - compatible with any DAW or interface.
*iLok 2 or 3 required to use emulations as native plugins within your DAW
Antelope Audio is a digital audio equipment manufacturer delivering high-resolution sound to acclaimed recording studios worldwide. The company’s rise to fame can be traced back to their innovative master clocks and award-winning audio interfaces. In recent years they have leveraged their sonic expertise to create а line of modeling microphones.
- Berlin 47 FT - by far the ultimate kick drum microphone, with large, full-bodied sound and unmatchable low-end that’s also suitable for bass cabinets.
- Berlin 47 TU - modeled after “the holy grail” of tube microphones, it’s suitable for any source and any application, but its glory is mostly due to its ability to capture vocals’ presence like no other microphone.
- Berlin 49T - a classic male-vocal microphone for effortless tube-warmth, whilst preserving musical presence.
- Berlin 57 - similar midrange warmth and velvety highs as its brothers the Berlin 47 and 67, but with a slightly less colored response.
- Berlin 67 - the perfect choice for the drum-overheads and other sharp instruments that might need softening.
- Berlin 87 - a classic on vocals and acoustic instruments that need extra brightness.
- Berlin K86 - emulation of a classic German small-diaphragm condenser microphone with broad usage - heard on snare drums, piano and vocals in many hit records.
- Berlin M103 - a great natural-sounding all-purpose studio microphone that offers less coloration than its brother the 87, but a bigger dynamic range.
- Berlin M251 - an all-time classic female-vocal microphone, heard on countless records by Tina Turner, Shania Twain, Bjork, and many other legends.
- Berlin V563 cardioid capsule - this emulation shares a similar sound character to the legendary 47TU with its natural warmth and smoothness, yet it adds another layer of presence and sheen on top.
- Hamburg 441 - the perfect choice for guitar cabinets and snares, able to capture detailed upper mids in high SPL applications without ever sounding harsh.
- Illinois 7B - its applications vary from kick drums, bass cabs, and vocals (both live and in the studio), but it's most well known as the “radio mic”, because of its ability to capture incredibly deep low-end on voice-overs and speech.
- Illinois 57 - one of the most recognizable all-purpose microphones ever build - often finding its place for close-miking drums or guitar cabs.
- Minnesota 20 - a familiar large and full low-end making it suitable for kick drums, bass cabs, and male vocals.
- Tokyo 800T - a classic hip-hop and pop large-diaphragm condenser mic that has become the favorite for Drake, Justin Bieber, and many other artists today.
- Vienna 12 – the original sits at the top of the dream-list for many pros, who consider it the holy grail of vocal and brass microphones.
- Vienna 112 - a staple of every live-room with a drum kit, with a tight low-end and plenty of attack.
- Vienna 414 - the ideal choice for drum overheads, acoustic instruments, and other airy sources.
- Hard mount cradle
- Standard small hard-carry case
- Mic emulation license codes and quick start guide leaflet
- Warranty card
Experience the modeling magic of Antelope Audio Edge Series microphones. Order today.
Edge Solo Modeling Microphone Specifications:
- Microphone type: Condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: Large condenser, single-sided 6u gold-sputtered diaphragm
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern: Cardioid (fixed)
- Freq. response: 20HZ ~ 20KHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC Phantom Power
- Output connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Color: Black matte
- Weight (mic body): 0.705 lbs (320 grams)
- Dimensions (mic body): 5,3″ x 2,04″ (134mm x 52mm)
Also Available In These Cost-Saving Bundles
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.