- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Heil Sound PR 35 Dynamic Microphone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- 271311 000000000 271311000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The Heil Sound PR 35 is an incredibly versatile vocal mic. It has an amazing amount of rear rejection but exhibits no off-axis coloration, so it is l...Click To Read More About This Product
A cardioid that thinks it's an omni.
The Heil Sound PR 35 is an incredibly versatile vocal mic. It has an amazing amount of rear rejection but exhibits no off-axis coloration, so it is like having a supercardioid and omni mic in one! It works well for commercial broadcast, recording, and live sound reinforcement applications. When you need a smooth, flat response over a wide frequency range the Heil PR 35 is your mic. The PR 35 was designed around the acclaimed PR 30 element and incorporates a sorbothane shock mount to give you the best possible results.
The PR 35 mic achieves its exceptional performance by using a special magnet structure and a large aluminum 1-1/2" low-mass voice coil assembly. A carefully wound and placed hum bucking coil allows the Heil PR 35 to be placed near video monitors without unwanted hum or buzz. Special attention has been paid to the phasing plug assembly with equally placed ports that sense audio from behind the source. It then enters them out of phase, thus producing a very linear cardioid pattern. This reduces the proximity effect while achieving the extreme articulation across its smooth 40 Hz - 18 kHz frequency response. The Heil element can be used in extreme high sound pressure levels and is immune to overload conditions. It produces a beautifully smooth audio response without the inconvenience of phantom or outside DC powering.
The PR 35 microphone is equipped with a low-cut roll-off switch to prevent low-end feedback loops from ever getting started.
The Heil PR 35 mic's cardioid pattern offers the greatest rejection of unwanted audio at 180 off axis, which is directly behind the microphone; there is virtually no off-axis coloration.
Supplied with a microphone clip that mounts to any 5/8" 27-thread mic stand. It also comes with a leatherette carrying case and wind screen.
For amateur radio, a CC-1 XLR cable is required to interface with a transceiver.
- 7-2/3" long x 2" wide at mic vocal end and 1" wide at XLR-input end Largest dynamic element in a hand held microphone
- Wide frequency response
- Articulate natural mid range
- 2-position roll-off switch
- Rubberized coating
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.