- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Mackie VLZ4 Series 1604VLZ4 16-Channel/4-Bus Compact Mixer
- Write a Review
- J00089 000000000 J00089000000000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Featuring Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, the comprehensive Mackie 1604VLZ4 delivers the proven feature set, high-headroom/low-noise design and "...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Clean, quiet, versatile mixing.
Featuring Mackie's flagship Onyx mic preamps, the comprehensive Mackie 1604VLZ4 delivers the proven feature set, high-headroom/low-noise design and "Built-Like-A-Tank" construction that created an industry more than 25 years ago. From every input to every output, VLZ4 is optimized to deliver professional-quality results each and every time. 16 XLR ins, assignable sub-groups, inserts per channel.
Each generation of VLZ mixers benefits from a reinvestment in performance, all without raising prices. By continuing to ignore the "race to the bottom," VLZ4 benefits from generations of performance improvements like transparent EQ, class-leading negative summing bus architecture and custom-designed op-amps to ensure signal integrity from every input to every output. The result is a mixer that is at the peak of performance and is the obvious go-to compact analog mixer for engineers who demand professional results.
The performance of Mackie's Onyx mic preamps is more than proven. Just check all the amazing reviews and customer testimonials. Their boutique quality sound and unmatched performance rival any high-priced, boutique preamp on the market. Adding these flagship preamps to our VLZ4 Series compact mixers underlines our commitment to continually improving the performance of the VLZ line with each generation.
The VLZ4 design goal was simple: every VLZ4 mixer must have the highest headroom and lowest noise possible. Strict attention to component quality and tolerances has led to innovations like our custom M80 op-amps and class-leading negative summing bus architecture that add yet another level of assurance that a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is the right choice for your professional audio application.
Mackie VLZ mixers are truly "Built-Like-A-Tank." From beer spills to drops from moving vehicles, the testimonials are as endless as the applications Mackie mixers serve. The VLZ4 series is certainly no exception. With a nearly indestructible steel wrap-around chassis and features like grime-resistant rotary sealed pots, you can be sure that buying a Mackie VLZ4 mixer is a solid investment.
VLZ4's new black powder coat finish, cockpit-inspired controls and high-contrast knobs not only optimize your mixer's usability in low-light scenarios, it also means your mixer looks as good as it performs.
- 16 great-sounding mic preamps
- Balanced main outputs
- Inserts per channel
- RCA and 1/4" inputs
- Sweep mid EQ
- Six AUX sends
Order today and get the clarity, punch, presence and versatility that your music deserves.
- (20 Hz-20 kHz bandwidth, 1/4" Main out, channel gains @ unity gain, EQs flat, all channels assigned to main mix, odd channels panned left, even channels panned right)
- Main mix fader down, channel level faders down: -88.5 dBu
- Main mix fader @ unity, channel level faders @ unity: -82.5 dBu,
- (1 kHz @ 35 dB gain, 20 Hz-20 kHz bandwidth)
- Mic in to insert send: <0.0007%
- Mic in to Main Out: <0.005%
- (1 kHz relative to 0 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz bandwidth, line in, 1/4" main out, gain @ unity)
- Channel Mute switch engaged: -84 dBu
- Channel Gain knob down: -84 dBu
- Mic input to main output (gain @ unity)
- +0, -1 dB, 20 Hz to 50 kHz
- +0, -3 dB, <10 Hz to >100 kHz
- (Mic input to insert send out, max gain)
- 150 termination: -128.5 dBu, 20 Hz-20 kHz
- 1 kHz: better than -70 dB
- Mic in: +22 dBu
- All other inputs: +22 dBu
- Main mix XLR out: +28 dBu
- All other outputs: +22 dBu
- Mic in: 2.5K
- Channel insert return: 2.5K
- All other inputs: 10K or greater
- Tape out: 1.1K
- Phones out: 120
- All other outputs: 120
- High Shelving: ±15 dB @ 12 kHz
- Mid Peaking: ±15 dB sweep 100Hz - 8kHz
- Low Shelving: ±15 dB @ 80 Hz
- Low Cut Filter: 18 dB/octave, -3 dB @ 75 Hz
- Height: 17.0"
- Depth: 5.1"
- Width: 17.3"
- Weight: 20lb
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.