- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
MOTU M4 4x4 USB-C Audio Interface
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- L73597 000000000 L73597000000000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The M4 is a 4-in/4-out USB-C audio interface for Mac, Windows and iOS that offers best-in-class audio quality, best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency...Click To Read More About This Product
A best-in-class audio interface that's ready to record.
The M4 is a 4-in/4-out USB-C audio interface for Mac, Windows and iOS that offers best-in-class audio quality, best-in-class speed (ultra-low latency) and best-in-class metering with a full-color LCD. Record vocals, instruments or other audio sources quickly and easily. The M4 includes MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite production software, 100+ instruments, dozens of plug-ins, and over 6 GB of loops and samples to start making music right away. Additional features include two mic/line/hi-Z instrument XLR combo inputs, individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power, two balanced 1/4-inch line inputs, one-touch hardware monitoring for all inputs, support for stereo monitoring, four balanced 1/4-inch DC-coupled outputs, four unbalanced RCA outputs (mirrored), mix knob for balancing live input with computer playback, ESS-driven headphone output with independent volume control, MIDI in/out, driver "loopback" channels for live-streaming and podcasting, and USB bus power with power switch (USB cable included).
Best-in-class Audio Quality
Equipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M4 delivers an astonishing 120 dB Dynamic Range on its line outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers costing hundreds. Ultra-clean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs. Capture and monitor your audio with pristine clarity.
The M4 provides best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers, which deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz).
When recording and mixing, nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels. The M4 is the only audio interface in its class with a full color 160x120 pixel LCD featuring clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs. Enjoy professional-level volume control and feedback to get your sound just right.
Loopback for Live Streaming and Podcasting
The M4 driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily route computer output back to the computer, where you can mix it with live mics and/or guitar inputs from the M2 in your host software for live streaming or podcasting. Streaming and podcasting has never been easier and better-sounding.
MOTU Performer Lite
Performer Lite provides everything you need to record, edit, mix, process and master your own music tracks quickly and easily. Plug in your mic, guitar and MIDI keyboard and start tracking with over 100 instruments, dozens of effects plug-ins, guitar FX processing and much more.
Ableton Live Lite
Live 10 Lite is a lightweight version of Ableton Live 10. It comes with all of Live’s essential workflows, instruments and effects – everything you need to record songs, create hands-on with your controller, take music made in your apps further and so much more.
Performer Lite includes over 100 instruments, including acoustic and electric pianos, guitars, basses, drums, organs, synths, orchestral instruments, choirs, world instruments and much more. Take your musical muse wherever it wants to go.
Loops and Sounds
You get over 6 GB of free loops and sample packs from industry leaders MOTU, Big Fish Audio, Lucidsamples and Loopmasters to help you start making music right away. Choose from dozens of musical styles, then drag and drop into your project's timeline to build your track quickly.
With a standard USB-C power adapter, the M4 can be used as a stand-alone preamp and basic mixer, with no host computer required. Simply engage the monitor button for all four inputs (and 48V phantom power, if needed) and adjust the preamp gain as needed. Connect the main outs to any line level destination, such as a PA or patch bay.
Order your M4 USB-C audio interface today.
- 2-in / 2-out and 4-in / 4-out USB audio interfaces with studio-quality sound
- Best-in-class audio quality driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology
- Best-in-class speed(ultra-low latency) for host software processing
- Best-in-class metering for all inputs/outputs with a full-color LCD
- 2x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each input
- 2x balanced 1/4-inch line inputs (M4 only)
- Hardware (direct) monitoring for each input
- Monitor mix knob to balance live inputs and computer playback (M4 only)
- Measured -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- Balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS outputs (2x for M2; 4x for M4)
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on the 1/4-inch balanced TRS outputs
- RCA (unbalanced) analog outs that mirror 1/4-inch outs (2x for M2; 4x for M4)
- 1x headphone out (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control
- MIDI in/out
- Support for 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.5 ms RTL@32/96 kHz and loopback feature)
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting
- Bus powered USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) with power switch (USB cable included)
- Rugged metal construction
- Workstation software included (MOTU Performer Lite 10 and Ableton Live Lite10)
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite)
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots from industry leading libraries
- Kensington security slot
- Built in the USA
- Two-year manufacturer's warranty
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.