Why Shop With Us?
Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.Learn More
2-Year Free Warranty on Guitars
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.Contact Us for Details
We're Here for You
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.Contact Us
MON - FRI 5 AM - 8 PM PT
SAT - SUN 6 AM - 7 PM PT
QSC KLA12 Active Line Array Speaker Whitetrue true
Musician's Friend Rewards
This oversized item has special shipping requirements
- Free Shipping
- Top Rated
- Top Seller
- Flexible Financing
Gold Coverage Protection
Protect your gear
Gold Coverage Protection
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Redefines the line array product category.
KLA Power Module
The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a highly efficient 500-watt by 500-watt power amp KLA12 Power Module module and the KLA181 offers the same highly efficient power amp module in a 1,000-watt configuration. This efficient design enables up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120-volt electrical circuit.
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm – providing extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients – and GuardRail circuitry protection, which prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping.
As an energy saving feature, the Auto Standby mode automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
Housed in a rugged ABS enclosure that results in both lightweight and long-term durability, the KLA12 features a 12-inch low frequency transducer coupled with a 1.75-inch compression driver. Designed to be used exclusively as a fixed arcuate line array, each KLA12 is set at a 90° horizontal by 18° vertical splay angle, allowing 90° vertical coverage arrays to be configured using only five boxes (most other solutions require six). KLA's unique self-contained SOLO (Single-Operator Logistics) Rigging System enables users to quickly assemble (and disassemble) the line array in a fraction of the time without the need for special tools or external hardware.
The KLA12 Ar-Q (Arcuate Equalization) processing enables users to quickly tune the array, making appropriate frequency compensation adjustments based on the number of boxes. With the click of a dial, the user can select the total number of boxes deployed in the array resulting in an evenly balanced and accurate tonal curve. QSC's proprietary Intrinsic Correction, first introduced with the WideLine Series, actively adjusts time, frequency and amplitude response to achieve a maximally flat bandpass target.
Rigging & Deployment
For maximum deployment flexibility, KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. As a ground stack, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 or the KW181 subwoofer via a threaded pole socket, or without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand.
KLA12 enclosures also feature the Tilt-Direct 35mm pole socket allowing the loudspeaker to be aimed downward 9° for the best audience coverage.
Arrays of up to 480 lb. (218 kg) (with a maximum five KLA12 and two KLA181 enclosures) can be flown via the included M10 fittings or the optional KLA AF12 array frame.
- 500 W x 500 W power module
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers lightweight durability
- SOLO Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware
- Ar-Q Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 x KLA12 and 2 x KLA181
- 90° x 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array)
- High power, 12" low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance
- 1.75" diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction
- powerCON Input and Thru connections
- Tilt-Direct pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications
Ideal for a wide range of portable and permanently installed applications.
KLA12 Active Line Array Speaker Specifications:
- Power Output: HF: 500 W Class D continuous
- LF: 500 W Class D continuous
- Input Impedance (ohms): XLR: 40k balanced / 20k unbalanced
- Controls: Power, Attenuation, LF Setting (External Sub/Normal/DEEP), Array Size (1-5), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)
- Indicators: Power, Signal, Standby, Limit
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON power connector AC Out
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100 – 240 VAC, 50 – 60 Hz
- AC Power Consumption: (1/8 Power) 100 VAC, 2.3 A</dd><dd>120 VAC, 2.01 A 230 VAC, 1.13 A
- Material: Impact resistant ABS
- Finish: Black or White paint
- Grille: Black or White powder coated 18-gauge steel
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.0" x 23.4" x 16.6" (382mm x 594mm x 422mm)
- Weight (Net): 55 lb. (25 kg)
- Available Accessories: KLA12 TOTE, K Series M10 Kit, KLA AF12 Array Frame
- Free Standard Ground shipping (48 contiguous states, some overweight and Used/Vintage items excluded).
- Orders placed before 3 p.m. ET usually ship the same business day.
Every guitar or bass you purchase from Musician's Friend (electric or acoustic, New or Open Box) includes two years of protection from manufacturer defects.
Our Gear Advisers are available to guide you through your entire shopping experience. Call or Chat for expert advice and to hear the latest deals.